UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"When taking a wonder from the card row, you do not pay extra actions for the wonders you have."

Does this mean that if you have, say, 1 wonder, and a wonder is on the card row at the cost of two actions, you'd only pay one?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
"When taking a wonder from the card row, you do not pay extra actions for the wonders you have."

Does this mean that if you have, say, 1 wonder, and a wonder is on the card row at the cost of two actions, you'd only pay one?

Thanks!

You still pay two. You just don't pay the extra for wonders you already built. So in your example you normally would pay three but Michelangelo reduces the cost by one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kindred
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You would only pay two. Ordinarily, when you take a wonder from the card row, you pay a number of actions depending on where the card is in the card row, plus one for each wonder you already have. So in this case, Michelangelo allows you to pay only two instead of three. I hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally when taking a wonder you pay the action cost from the cards row plus one addition action for each wonder you have already built. So if you have already built two wonders and you want to take a wonder that is in the 2 action area of the card row, you'd normally pay 4 actions to take the wonder.

With Michelangelo, you don't pay the extra actions for the wonders you have already built, so in the example above you would pay 2 actions instead of 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!! Witness the double ninja effect in all its glory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely missed that in the rules. I see it now in the "summary" part of the wonders section, but I am unable to find it in the actual explanation in the rules. Was it mentioned? Thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
I completely missed that in the rules. I see it now in the "summary" part of the wonders section, but I am unable to find it in the actual explanation in the rules. Was it mentioned? Thanks so much!

Code of Laws page 5:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:

Code of Laws page 5:

It is strange that they only mentioned it in the summary portion, and not the rules portion, in the main guide to learning the game... Unless I missed it. Glad I asked!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
shadow9d9 wrote:
not the rules portion, in the main guide to learning the game... Unless I missed it.

Page 6, bottom, in a blue box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
[q="shadow9d9"]I completely missed that in the rules. I see it now in the "summary" part of the wonders section, but I am unable to find it in the actual explanation in the rules. Was it mentioned? Thanks so much!

Code of Laws page 5:

It is strange that they only mentioned it in the summary portion, and not the rules portion, in the main guide to learning the game... Unless I missed it. Glad I asked!

Not sure what you mean. Code of Laws is the rule book. Page 5 is where the rules about taking cards from the card row are explained. That's exactly where it should be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
[q="shadow9d9"]I completely missed that in the rules. I see it now in the "summary" part of the wonders section, but I am unable to find it in the actual explanation in the rules. Was it mentioned? Thanks so much!

Code of Laws page 5:

Not sure what you mean. Code of Laws is the rule book. Page 5 is where the rules about taking cards from the card row are explained. That's exactly where it should be.

The main rulebook is the longer book, where they show you how to play the game. The other is just a reference sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:
grant5 wrote:

Code of Laws page 5:

The main rulebook is the longer book, where they show you how to play the game. The other is just a reference sheet.

Thats..... one interpretation, I guess. But it's sure not how Vlaada describes things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, teaching the game to new players. They didn't teach one of the rules, instead just including it in the summary. It is odd to skip a rule while actually teaching it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
Yes, teaching the game to new players. They didn't teach one of the rules, instead just including it in the summary. It is odd to skip a rule while actually teaching it.

I am really confused by what you're complaining about. The rule is explained clearly and explicitly BOTH in the Handbook (page 6) AND the Code of Laws Rule Book (page 5). It's even highlighted in a blue box in the Handbook to make it EXTRA VISIBLE.

Are you just complaining that when somebody taught the game to you, they left this rule out?

EDIT: Looking back at your earlier posts, I guess you are saying you couldn't find where it is in the Handbook. Here it is, on Page 6:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it now. Page 6. Was trying to find that. I was looking under page 11. Whoops!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
I see it now. Page 6. Was trying to find that. I was looking under page 11. Whoops!

Well, it is also repeated on page 11

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I mentioned that earlier. Glad it is there. We were in the middle of playing last night and made the modification mid game since you guys were so quick to respond!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.