Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Nunes
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After you finish a quest, its time for Death Curses. So, each player will draw a Curse per death token (not including Damnation in Inferno). After the first player draws curses, what should be done for the next player? Are the "no curses" or lower level curses shuffled in, or are they kept out or shuffled back in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We deal them all out at once and keep them face down until dealt. Then we all reveal at once. I saw no idication that the deck should be reconstituted and shuffled after each player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What he said. We deal out everyone's curses and reveal them.

We put unused ones upside down at the bottom of the deck and don't reshuffle them until we run through the whole deck (and run into the upside down cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Tracy
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I play with my friends we deal them all out then turn them over all at once. We used to shuffle them back in but realized it was the wrong way.

For more suspense, when my boyfriend and I play (since we aren't concerned about how long we take) we place them all out face down on the table in a grid and pick them dramatically one at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to the death curse rules about only keeping the worst card, if you re-shuffle the deck before each player draws, you are essentially increasing that last players odds of drawing nicer cards. So you should deal out all cards at once and then reveal, or simply keeping discarded death curse cards to one side until all players have resolved this stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
As everyone said, you deal cards to everyone then reveal. You don't shuffle the discarded ones -

With one exception -

Although this isn't exactly in the rules, the big problem with Inferno is that there are enormous amounts of damnation going around and we constantly run out of curses in the deck.

Then, and only then, we let everyone who finished their curses reveal their cards and mix the ones discarded so we can continue drawing.

This is one of the biggest issues I have with Inferno and have to wonder how the bloody heck was this thing play tested?

They should have added a more curses to the deck (or reduce damnation)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook pg.24 Under: Death Curse wrote:
At the start of every Upgrade Phase, any Hero with a Death Curse card from a previous scenario returns it to the deck. The Death Curse is reshuffled and any Hero that received a Death Curse during the previous scenario receives a number of Death Curse cards equal to the number of Death tokens he possesses.

Turn order and what curse card they had in the round is irrelevant. ALL curse cards are shuffled back into a single deck before any cards are dealt for death tokens from this round.

Then you deal all out to all. The rejected ones are not returned until all are dealt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
As everyone said, you deal cards to everyone then reveal. You don't shuffle the discarded ones -

With one exception -

Although this isn't exactly in the rules, the big problem with Inferno is that there are enormous amounts of damnation going around and we constantly run out of curses in the deck.

Then, and only then, we let everyone who finished their curses reveal their cards and mix the ones discarded so we can continue drawing.

This is one of the biggest issues I have with Inferno and have to wonder how the bloody heck was this thing play tested?

They should have added a more curses to the deck (or reduce damnation)

This. However, the order of players/heroes you deal out death curses to in this way matters. The players who get dealt them first get the worst curses and remove them from the deck from the later players. For this reason we deal the curses to the heroes who need the most first and work down from there to the heroes that need the fewest. We figure this is fair because the idea is that dying more/taking more damnation is supposed to give you worth death curses.

Because its not always immediately obvious whether you're going to get through the deck we always do this, but importantly we only shuffle the discard when needed, not after each player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
We just deal 1 card for every hero first, then a 2nd card for whoever needs it, then a 3rd, then a 4th etc

It's always better in case of a bad shuffle anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
We just deal 1 card for every hero first, then a 2nd card for whoever needs it, then a 3rd, then a 4th etc

we didn't encounter this problem yet .. but can't you shuffle the death curses from the core game through the inferno curses for a double amount?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Teowulff wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

we didn't encounter this problem yet .. but can't you shuffle the death curses from the core game through the inferno curses for a double amount?

1) I don't mix them because I usually run 2 games simultaneously
2) I don't mix because I think the curse are important to be kept apart. Damnation curses in core game are useless in non-damnation curses in inferno aren't significant, especially since some of the quests in Inferno require you to have no damnation as a major setback.

But really? You never ran out of curses in Inferno? Happens to us almost every game from mission 3+ I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
running out of curses is really a matter of playstyle.
if you hit your opponents more you will rack them up fast, but if you race to the finish not so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.