Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've been trying to find a way to word this and thought I would just provide the following example.

Following the flowchart for the NP British, the Garrison command is selected. The very first thing you it states is; "First execute a Special Activity." So you perform Naval Pressure for example.

You then go back to the Garrison command only to find out you cannot perform it, which then drives you to muster. 1) My reading is that you still perform the first special activity (already completed), do the Muster, and then the turn is complete. Is that right?

This makes sense and the only reason I am asking is that while running through the zero BOT playthrough, I've seen players do it one way the first time and then differently next time. (Zero BOT play through has been extremely despite some occasionally mistakes).

The other option is 2) The BOT must first insure they can perform the command before executing the special activity.

I believe the answer is number 1 but would really like to know for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Al,

You execute bot instructions bullet by bullet from top to bottom. Garrison's first bullet is Special Activity, so if the bot selects Garrison as the command, it first executes the Special Activity. Then you follow the flowchart, and if you "fall through" to Muster, you then execute the bullets of Muster. You don't take back the Special Activity - it's already been executed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sahava wrote:
Hi Al,

You execute bot instructions bullet by bullet from top to bottom. Garrison's first bullet is Special Activity, so if the bot selects Garrison as the command, it first executes the Special Activity. Then you follow the flowchart, and if you "fall through" to Muster, you then execute the bullets of Muster. You don't take back the Special Activity - it's already been executed.

Thanks! Still trying to understand these BOTS. Going through the zero player walk through has helped a bunch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan Meijer
Netherlands
Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Al Johnson wrote:
sahava wrote:
Hi Al,

Thanks! Still trying to understand these BOTS. Going through the zero player walk through has helped a bunch.

Where can I find this zero player walkthrough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meijerc wrote:

Where can I find this zero player walkthrough?

It's a thread here on BGG: Zero Player Game: BGG Users learn the Non-Player/"Bot" rules (Game Now Completed)

Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.