Too Many Bones» Forums » General

Subject: Sweet Victory! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Irwin
Canada
flag msg tools
I finally won a solo playthrough!

I cracked the game open on Sunday evening this week and have played nightly since then. The game is excellent!

I played my first two games as patches vs Nom and then Drellen. Both I lost. Then I tried Ghillie vs Drellen and also lost. Finally I came back to Nom with Patches again, except this time I decided to focus on defense dice with some health and dex plus a couple key skills. This allowed me to outlast most encounters but pushing them into round 6 and beyond, plus I was able to abuse my Back Up plans. Ended up overcharging Nom to death. It was incredibly satisfying.

Anyway, the point is the game is great and I'm super pleased with the purchase (I went all in, premium health chips are amazing) and I look forward to seeing what else CTG puts out in the future. I'm also looking into Hoplomachus. Thanks for the incredible experience that is TMB!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nielson Jugalbot
Canada
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have yet to win in this game. I have 4 solo playthroughs, 3 single gearloc and 1 dual handed. The game can be brutal and I find that I always end up getting shafted around encounter 5-6. I do love the game and have also gone all-in. Those premium chips just feel incredible (I have yet to learn how to shuffle them like pro poker players) and add extra satisfaction when playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are losing consistently, you are doing something wrong...

Presumably you are playing on the easier difficulty, Greenhorn mode?

I'd advise you to watch some video playthroughs to pick up some strategies. I posted a few videos myself, but others have done so too.

Or, if you can think about a particularly difficult encounter you had to face, please post me the setup (what day it is, which baddies appeared, which gearlocs you had and which skills you trained) and I'll give you an outline of what you could have done differently!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nobody82b wrote:
If you are losing consistently, you are doing something wrong...

Presumably you are playing on the easier difficulty, Greenhorn mode?

I'd advise you to watch some video playthroughs to pick up some strategies. I posted a few videos myself, but others have done so too.

Or, if you can think about a particularly difficult encounter you had to face, please post me the setup (what day it is, which baddies appeared, which gearlocs you had and which skills you trained) and I'll give you an outline of what you could have done differently!

The one major thing I was doing wrong was having to choose between healing or attempting to unlock one of the trove loots. In every recovery phase, every gearloc gets to make one lockpicking attempt.

This was the rule correction that consistently let me start to do really well in the game, whereas before a lot more luck was involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.