Subject: Spear of terror - combat effect rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Bek
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is the Witchking ability "spear of terror" activated when you use an event card for its Battle effect during battle? Or only when you use the event effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is for the event effect, not a combat effect. You have to play a character card with a die for it to count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Bek
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmb
That would be my guess, but where does it say so in the rules? The card just states that you draw another card "when the shadow player plays a character event card", which you do when you use the combat effect during battle, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
The card says "when you play a Character Event card", when a card is played during combat it is a Combat card, not an Event card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Bek
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmb
Again, I think that's correct - but again, based on what passage in the rule book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
The part where it tells you you can play Event cards in combat as Combat cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Bek
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmb
OK. I think the wording could have been clearer. Seems better to say that a card is considered an Event card only when it is played as an event. Now the rules say that "an Event card" can be played "as a combat card", which literally would mean It's still an event card, only used for combat. But Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.