Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vali Lean
United States
Sacramento
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the skills on the class sheets where pretty clear, then we played our first (non-tutorial) game. This lead to questions, which lead to a survey of all the class sheets... which lead to questions...
(Apologies if some of these are in threads elsewhere.)

Battle Wizard
There are a couple of skills with two separate effects:
Shadow Magic (4th) - "Attack: Blank results get +1 [bam]", and "Attack: You may flip one blank result"
Freeze (4th) - "Magic [bam]: Stun the enemy", and "'Attack: +3 Wounds' if the defender is stunned"
I assume you can use both of these in the same "use" of the skill? So, with 4th level Shadow Magic, with a blank you get the +1 [bam] AND can flip one blank (that has given you a free [bam]).
With 4th level Freeze, you can spend one [bam] to Stun AND you then get +3 wounds?

Paladin of Fury
Bodyguard (signature skill) - if an ally within 1 zone is attacked, place your figured in that zone and become the target of that attack.
The rules say that Signature moves are "once per activation" - since this is not used during the Paladin's turn, is it once per activation of the Paladin? Or per activation of... an enemy?
(I feel like it would be per Paladin activation.)

Pit Fighter Berserker
Berserk (signature skill) - Hero gets "Attack: +1 [swords]" per every 2 wounds hero has.
Is this used anytime during the Berserker's turn? Does it last the whole turn? Bonecrusher has an attack bonus, but it specifically states it is "for this turn".

Bloodmoon Assassin
Shadow Crawler (signature skill) - Hero can move from a shadow zone to a shadow zone up to 2 zones away as if he had Slippery.
This is just a nerfed Teleport 2 ... correct? Also... you can just take Slippery which makes the signature skill 100% pointless correct??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DHMWanken wrote:

Battle Wizard
There are a couple of skills with two separate effects:
Shadow Magic (4th) - "Attack: Blank results get +1 [bam]", and "Attack: You may flip one blank result"
Freeze (4th) - "Magic [bam]: Stun the enemy", and "'Attack: +3 Wounds' if the defender is stunned"
I assume you can use both of these in the same "use" of the skill? So, with 4th level Shadow Magic, with a blank you get the +1 [bam] AND can flip one blank (that has given you a free [bam]).
With 4th level Freeze, you can spend one [bam] to Stun AND you then get +3 wounds?

You get both effects, but you cannot get a Bam AND flip the dice. You flip one of your blank dice, you get a Bam off any other blanks you might have.

Quote:
Paladin of Fury
Bodyguard (signature skill) - if an ally within 1 zone is attacked, place your figured in that zone and become the target of that attack.
The rules say that Signature moves are "once per activation" - since this is not used during the Paladin's turn, is it once per activation of the Paladin? Or per activation of... an enemy?
(I feel like it would be per Paladin activation.)

The jury is out on this, but we have a general consensus that it is once between the start of each activation of the Pally.

Quote:
Pit Fighter Berserker
Berserk (signature skill) - Hero gets "Attack: +1 [swords]" per every 2 wounds hero has.
Is this used anytime during the Berserker's turn? Does it last the whole turn? Bonecrusher has an attack bonus, but it specifically states it is "for this turn".

It means for the current attack, I think.

Quote:
Bloodmoon Assassin
Shadow Crawler (signature skill) - Hero can move from a shadow zone to a shadow zone up to 2 zones away as if he had Slippery.
This is just a nerfed Teleport 2 ... correct? Also... you can just take Slippery which makes the signature skill 100% pointless correct??

Shadow Crawler does not cost an action. So it is not just a nerf of Teleport 2. Nor does Slippery make it redundant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll point you towards the Unofficial FAQ right from the start, but see below for your specific questions.

Battle Wizard:
You can use both parts of the skill. For Shadow magic level 4, one blank result gets flipped (if you want) and all others get +1 bam.
For Freeze, you may stun the enemy first and then apply the bonus wounds.

Paladin of Fury:
The community's general consensus is that the Paladin's signature should be once per round.

Pit Fighter:
Yes, you choose when to activate it during the Pit Fighter's turn for the cost of 1 XP. It lasts until the end of the Pit Fighter's activation similar to the Bonecrusher's signature.

Bloodmoon Assassin:
It's pretty much teleport without an action cost, yes. If you take slippery the signature's usefulness is certainly diminished, but it's still a low-cost way to move. You could use Shadow Crawler in combination with 3 move actions to get 8-11 (with Mobility level 3) zones across the board or use Shadow Crawler as a cheap way to create distance if you're playing a Ranged/Magic Assassin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I can probably agree with you on Pit Fighter's ability. I've probably been playing it wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been leaning towards lasting the whole turn because the Bonecrusher's works that way and I've found the Pit Fighter to be a bit underwhelming. Also, if it were only for one attack, why wouldn't they word it as "Attack: +1 Sword per every 2 Wounds the Hero has." similar to the Barbarian or Ranger's signature?

It is a bit ambiguous though especially when compared to the wording for the Bonecrusher or Noble Warrior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's the same thought process I went through as soon as I saw your post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciro Peppiniello
msg tools
Battle Wizard:
"'Attack: +3 Wounds' if the defender is stunned", I apply extra wounds only if the defender is already stunned from a previous attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Duminil
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Hmm, I can probably agree with you on Pit Fighter's ability. I've probably been playing it wrong.
Same here
DoctorBandage wrote:
I've been leaning towards lasting the whole turn because the Bonecrusher's works that way and I've found the Pit Fighter to be a bit underwhelming. Also, if it were only for one attack, why wouldn't they word it as "Attack: +1 Sword per every 2 Wounds the Hero has." similar to the Barbarian or Ranger's signature?
Good point (but we know they are not very consistent with their wordings ).
DoctorBandage wrote:
It is a bit ambiguous though especially when compared to the wording for the Bonecrusher or Noble Warrior.
The difference is that the Pit Fighter's signature lasts the Hero Activation (presumably), the Bonecrusher's signature lasts the whole turn and the Noble Warrior's signature can last several turns.

But I still find it ambiguous!

Shika88 wrote:
Battle Wizard:
"'Attack: +3 Wounds' if the defender is stunned", I apply extra wounds only if the defender is already stunned from a previous attack.
I apply the wounds even for the attack it has been stunned because applying wounds is the last step of an attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vali Lean
United States
Sacramento
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctorBandage wrote:

Bloodmoon Assassin:
It's pretty much teleport without an action cost, yes. If you take slippery the signature's usefulness is certainly diminished, but it's still a low-cost way to move. You could use Shadow Crawler in combination with 3 move actions to get 8-11 (with Mobility level 3) zones across the board or use Shadow Crawler as a cheap way to create distance if you're playing a Ranged/Magic Assassin.

Ah, of course, I didn't think about it being a free action move! And it couldn't be Teleport 2 because that would be straight-up better than the Nightrunner's signature

I agree that Berserk (pit fighter's signature) makes sense as a "for whole turn".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.