Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I mentioned in another post that as a casual player, I have little interest in any of the Outfits beyond the "original" four that come with the core game, which is why I stopped collecting expansion packs after "Nightmare at Noon", and "Faith and Fear".

But now that Doomtown is back in full swing, and after looking at the Kickstarter expansion, I'm re-thinking that attitude. "Perhaps an additional Outfit or two wouldn't be so bad to have in the collection", I say to myself.

So to that end, is there a written synopsis that explains the story and characteristics of each of the Outfits? The "original" four are covered reasonably well in the "Learning to Play" book. So I guess I'm looking for a rundown on all the Outfits since.

My goal is to have enough info to choose another Outfit that I'd like to focus on, and buy the expansions that cater mostly to that Outfit.

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't these articles good enough?
http://pineboxentertainment.com/2017/09/02/108-righteous-ban...
http://pineboxentertainment.com/2017/09/04/eagle-wardens-a-s...

They both started in the same pine box and all expansions since add some cards for both. Blessed duded appeared before 108 Righteous Bandits, so they had a bit of a head start. Shamans and spirits are also usable with other outfits if you like.

Doomtown: Reloaded – Immovable Object, Unstoppable Force, Doomtown: Reloaded – The Light Shineth and Doomtown: Reloaded – Dirty Deeds adds many new cards for the two factions, and are the recommended "starter kits". That's two pine boxes and one saddlebag to get, and the saddlebag has some good cards for the original factions.

(These packs are basically my next Doomtown purchase.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

gnurf wrote:

Thanks... I hadn't seen those web pages. That's exactly what I was looking for.

I'll read up on both those factions. If one (or both) appeals to me (assuming those are the only two beyond the four original, which I believe so?), then it looks like I have a Pine Box, and one or two saddle bags to put on my list!

Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, there are only two extra factions beyond the core four. Blood Moon Rising adds an outfit card for each of the six too, so it's a great one for a bit of variation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.