Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
César Del Álamo
Spain
Loeches
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can i resolve the boarding in any action phase (NP ship or players)? or I have to wait the battle phase.

That is to say, if i move one of my ship and touch one NP ship, can i boarding it in this moment? . I think that is more thematic.

Thanks!.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the issue would be in the timing. You board a ship if you both touch it and defeat it. You touch it in the action phase and defeat it in the battle phase (or in the action phase as a separate action). When you defeat it and thereby board it, it is removed. Because other players also have the opportunity to touch it or defeat it in the action phase and potentially board it, it wouldn't do for you to be able to remove it immediately. I think the ship has to remain on the board until all the actions and battles are resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, all dice are resolved at the end. A good example of why this is needed, say you move and touch the NPC die to board it. Another player sees this and doesn't want you to get the points and loot, so they fire a cannon and sink the ship. Thus, they gain the coin and screw you in the process.

Family game, and all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Del Álamo
Spain
Loeches
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both .
Then, it should be fair too, to give opportunity , at least one turn, of if one player fires to NP ship with his cannon, other player fire it too.

That is to say. If the firt player (rule`s player) fires his cannon to NP ship a short range, he should gives opportunity to other player to do same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That all depends if they have cannons to fire or the ability to do so. Depending on how you build your ship, some players can have more shots to fire in a round than others. If someone shoots your ship and you have a shot you're able to take, you can definitely use your shot on another ship.

Shots are done in turn order as an action. If you move to touch an NPC ship, that's your action for the turn. If they fire on your ship, that's their action. When it's your turn, then you can use a cannon action, if you want to or are able to, on another NPC ship. Just because someone else uses their action doesn't give everyone else the opportunity to do the same immediately. Still need to follow turn order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.