Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An eleven-player, low-complexity game of Werewolf!

Moderators:

Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Catelynn O'Neal
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Good Roles:

Seer
- Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns the players nature (Wolf/Not Wolf). The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is not a wolf. Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view. If the seer is not present / does not give an order, they will receive a random negative view out of all players who were alive after lynch.

Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. He is brutal when killed. The brutal kill is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat, then it will be selected at random.

Martyr - Each night, may choose one player, and if that player is targeted for night kill, the martyr will die in his place. The martyr may choose the same person consecutively without restriction. Notice that martyr does not work to stop lynches or the brutal retaliation ability. If there is no order in modchat ... then there is no order.

5 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers or traits.

Evil Roles:

2 Werewolves
- The werewolves know each other's identity and may chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0. If there is a werewolf alive, the last night kill order will go through - even if the last player to place a night kill order has died since the order was given. (Example: Player A and B are werewolves. Player A selects a Night Kill target during the day, but is lynched. If Player B is still alive and has not put in a more recent Night Kill order, Player A's Night Kill order will be carried out.)
One of the wolves is brutal and must kill another player if killed. The brutal is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat, the brutal will be selected randomly from all of the non-wolves.
In the case where the only surviving Werewolf player has been put up for replacement (whether voluntarily or via the Proof of Life rule), the moderator will enact random NKs from all available non-wolves.

Sorcerer-Cultist - The sorcerer knows the identity of the werewolves and wins with them, even if dead. The sorcerer does not know which wolf is brutal. Each night, he may view a player and be given the target player's exact role. He gets a random N0 view of a villager. If the Sorcerer-Cultist is not present / does not give an order, they will get a view of a random villager.

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining. However, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins.

Brutal Rules:

The Brutal Kill is simultaneous to all other actions, i.e.: The Brutal Werewolf is lynched and targets the Brutal Hunter. If the Brutal Hunter's order is still on the Brutal Werewolf, there is no other death.
If the Brutal's target died BEFORE the Brutal Character, then the kill will be chosen at random.
In the endgame scenario where there is: 1 Hunter, 1 Wolf, and 1 other non-wolf (Villager, Good special, Sorcerer), and the Hunter is killed and targets the wolf, the wolf will be killed, and good wins. Parity will be checked after all processing is complete.
If the brutal hunter is killed and does not have an order in, his brutal will be any random player, as selected by Cassandra.
If the brutal werewolf is killed and does not have a brutal order in, his brutal will be a random non-wolf, as selected by Cassandra.

Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the longest held last vote is killed.

Lynch time is 8:00 PM BGG Time. Votes cast with the lynch time time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be posted once the game starts). If all living players vote night fall it will speed up the dusk. If there is a tie in the lynch votes, it will be broken by longest held last vote.

Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer, Martyr, and Sorcerer-Cultist must all submit their night orders by Dawn. Dawn will be at 8:00 PM BGG time. Players can do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System. If you would like to use conditional orders, this is permitted as long as you understand that conditional orders can only be used on information that is available to the player at the time the order is due.
Hypothetical conditionals for a Seer / Sorcerer:
A. "If Snaak is lynched, then please view Raid1280." is a valid conditional game order.
B. "If Snaak is night killed, then please view Raid1280." is not a valid conditional game order because the player will have no knowledge of whether or not Snaak will be night killed before his game order is due.

If all living players (including those with out night actions) click on the 'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.

Role Reveal:

All roles will be revealed on death (regardless of method)(Full Role Reveal).

Replacement / Posting Rules:

This is not a "Post For Your Life" game. However, anyone who does not communicate at least once between the posting of dusk and the next business day's 12:30 will be put up for replacement. Valid communication includes:
Posting in the thread,
Talking in your Modchat in Cassandra, or
Geekmailing the moderator.
Exceptions will obviously be made for anyone that announces ahead of time that they will be away from the internet.
Players will be allowed to replace themselves (clicking on the replace icon indicates that you are near the internet - right?).

Please do not sign up for the game if you do not plan on being an active player. Thank you.
You are required to show a proof of life prior to "12 hours before first dusk".

Please note that these are "bare minimums". The moderator has the right to hit the replace button in spite of your meeting the "one post per day" guideline if you are unresponsive to geekmails / modchat queries. This will not be done capriciously and will only be done after consultation with outside parties, to ensure objectivity.

Please don't post after the Dusk/Dawn deadline, even if the mod has not told you to stop posting. Warnings will be given for first offenses, but repeated offenses might have consequences. (*Please ensure that you are aware of Meta Rule #6.)

Making out-of-game promises to other players in order to influence their actions in a game is against the rules, so is quoting something told to you by the moderator directly from your hidden modchat, unless the rules of a game specifically say otherwise or the moderator has given you explicit permission. Paraphrasing such things is usually allowed. Quoting anything you have added to modchat (or fake-quoting) is frowned upon.

Personal attacks or offensive language will merit a warning. Second offense will merit a modkill. Granted, this is subjective, so I will always get a second opinion before acting. Regardless, I'm tired of the hostility and the occasional attitude.
Police yourselves, please.

GAME RULES:

Editing posts is discouraged, but in most cases, it will not elicit anything other than a "tsk, tsk" from another player. However, if you [vote nightfall] and then edit your post to cancel that vote, you will be modkilled. There are no second chances.

Deleting posts is considered very poor form. Unless you are deleting one of two identical posts, just let it go.

If you post game-changing information after the dusk/dawn time - for example, seer views, fake seer views, sorcerer views - you and a random member of your team will be modkilled. This is not negotiable.
A. This does not require the moderator to say "No posting." If dusk is at 4:00 and you post something that reflects 4:01, you are late.
B. If the moderator posts "No posting" at 4:00:15 and you post at 4:00:20, you have still posted after the no posting rule.
Accidentally continuing a conversation / posting a silly comment after the moderator has posted 'No posting' will not warrant any punishment (unless it is game-changing or repetitive).
C. Notice, as listed in the lynch rules, that a vote that is posted ON the dusk time (for example, posted at 6:00 if the lynch is 6:00) will always count, even if the moderator has posted "dusk" and "no posting" just before you. Clause C does not change the intent behind this rule. Do NOT post game-changing information when you post your vote.
It is YOUR responsibility to monitor for dusk/dawn.
D. Any orders in Cassy chats need to be made before the dusk/dawn deadline. Conditional orders can always be placed and accepted before the deadline. Any orders placed after the deadline will not be accepted.

Important Information:
Tiebreaker: longest held last vote
Lynch time: 8:00 PM BGG Time
Night Action Deadline: 9:00 PM BGG Time

Weekend Policy: No game actions will be processed on Saturday or Sunday, although players will be free to post and use chats as desired.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

This game will start when full.

As an FYI, here's Snaak's "Guide to Playing Werewolf on BGG!" (now maintained by PeteVasi).

Here is a Dictionary of terms that are used often in our BGG WW games: /wiki/page/BGG_Werewolf_PBF_Dictionary

Here is a (not all-inclusive) list of Roles that are commonly used here on the Geek: /wiki/page/BGG_Werewolf_PBF_Role_List

BoardGameGeek and thecassandraproject both base their time functions on THIS server:
http://us.pool.ntp.org/
It doesn't account for your personal delay in posting, but it will help show you what time it is in BGG-land. Use the information as you will. (Basically, sniping is not forbidden, but if you mess it up, your team will suffer.)

This roleset and rules are used courtesy of linguistfromhell. They are modeled on the roleset used in the Hi series of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
4theta
acox89
aligator7
Arkest
cvb2009
dejojam1
DeMorcerf
kuchick
MarsZhang
PaperF
SuperiorBeing

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1848450

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yay for evening games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Cronin
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mars Zhang
China
flag msg tools
Hello everybody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are killing me... If the game gets filled before the weekend, we'll put it into go mode on Sunday... Jess and I are both in NYC until late Saturday, as she is in the Veteran's Day Parade with her marching band...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mars Zhang
China
flag msg tools
I want the game to start
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarsZhang wrote:
I want the game to start

Get one more person to join and we will get the game started when we get back home on Sunday...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be your Huckleberry..

#11 to start the game! I promise to be kind and gentle to noobs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuchick wrote:
I'll be your Huckleberry..

#11 to start the game! I promise to be kind and gentle to noobs

Hi kuchick! We'll set the game up Sunday with a Monday first lynch... After we wake up from the trip back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shhh... We're setting tings up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game has begun! You may post!

If you have special orders with your role, they have not been set up yet... Give me another little bit and they will be...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paper Luis

Puerto Rico
msg tools
badge
Paper
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote ali] Kuchick is my N0! But the wolves will ignore me and I won't be Nked! Psychology ftw!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
: )
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mb
[vote acox] it's nice to be back, I missed werewolf online
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mars Zhang
China
flag msg tools
@PaperF nice to meet you!
can we vote now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjaYour moderator will need to return to start up Cassie and call dawn. Don't let that stop you from chatting though. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mars Zhang
China
flag msg tools
Felice Si wrote:
ninjaYour moderator will need to return to start up Cassie and call dawn. Don't let that stop you from chatting though. ninja

Are you good or evil?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
MarsZhang wrote:
Felice Si wrote:

Are you good or evil?

ninjaNeither. I am wicked. sauron .... no, I'm neutral because I'm not in the game, hence the use of the ninja emotes. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paper Luis

Puerto Rico
msg tools
badge
Paper
mbmbmbmbmb
MarsZhang wrote:
@PaperF nice to meet you!
can we vote now?
Heyyy! Question is: are you really good?! Or evil?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperiorBeing wrote:

Hi! I don't think we've met before.

[Vote SuperiorBeing]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaperF wrote:
[vote ali] Kuchick is my N0! But the wolves will ignore me and I won't be Nked! Psychology ftw!

Paper is my N0! Will they ignore us both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dejojam1 wrote:
SuperiorBeing wrote:

Hi! I don't think we've met before.

[Vote SuperiorBeing]

Oh, it's not actually working yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cvb2009 wrote:
PaperF wrote:

Depends whether everyone does it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dejojam1 wrote:
cvb2009 wrote:
PaperF wrote:

They could choose no NK. Pretty please wolves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cvb2009 wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
cvb2009 wrote:
PaperF wrote:

They could choose no NK. Pretty please wolves?

Is that an option? It's clearly stated that the brutal is mandatory, and the NK will be randomly chosen if the only wolf is up for replacement, but it doesn't say what happens if there is a wolf and they just don't enter an order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [42] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.