Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi! Tech Tech VPI!
badge
Santa's Workshop - Coming from Rio Grande Games in 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello -

A quick note about the release date. We are working hard to have this available in the November time frame, in time for the Holidays. I don't have a more exact date than that at the moment. I will update this thread as we can pin down a more exact date.

It is available for pre-order at at least one online retailer, CoolStuffInc, at the following link:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/246941
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Keith! Fingers crossed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been informed by Rio Grande that they expect the game to arrive from the printer next week (week of Nov 5-11), and then to start delivery. I'm not 100% sure what delivery means...I think they mean just getting it to the distributor. So, I'm not entirely sure when it will get to store shelves, or to online retailers to then send out to folks - however, I would expect people will be able to get it before the end of November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stumbled across this today on Miniature Market when I was browsing their upcoming releases section. I just wanted to say that I am so excited for this game! My husband and I love Christmas, and we've been looking for a Christmas game to play (something other than Christmas-opoly ), so this a perfect fit for us, especially since we love worker placement games! I'll be putting in my pre-order for it through Miniature Market on payday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you found it, Tammy. Thanks for ordering a copy, and I hope you enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest information is that the game is expected to be shipped to distributors this week, and once they get it, it will then be delivered to retailers. Hopefully to be in stores the first week of December.

There was a demo copy at BGG.com this past weekend...hopefully some folks got the chance to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out The Game Pit Podcast
badge
Check out The Game Pit Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you know if this will be available outside the US, specifically in the UK?
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seany4 wrote:
Do you know if this will be available outside the US, specifically in the UK?

I don't know offhand...I'll ask. Are you typically able to get game from Rio Grande? I know they are using GTS and Alliance as distributors...but I'm unsure if they ship outside the U.S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay Tummelson, owner of Rio Grande, tells me that they have distributors for oversea markets, including the U.K. - so you should be able to get it. I don't know dates of availability, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KTFerguson wrote:
The latest information is that the game is expected to be shipped to distributors this week, and once they get it, it will then be delivered to retailers. Hopefully to be in stores the first week of December.

There was a demo copy at BGG.com this past weekend...hopefully some folks got the chance to play.

Super excited to get this! Really hoping that it does hit stores the first week in December, as I have some orders with Christmas presents on hold at Miniature Market that are just waiting on the release of this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldenGirl wrote:

Super excited to get this! Really hoping that it does hit stores the first week in December, as I have some orders with Christmas presents on hold at Miniature Market that are just waiting on the release of this game.

Well, Tammy, I would estimate more like the 2nd week of December at this point - and I hope we don't cut it any closer. It is now scheduled to be shipped to Rio Grande next Tuesday, and as soon as they get it, it will go out to distributors. I keep bugging them almost daily for updates...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbara Leandri
United States
Westbrook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With this play ok with 2players? (Fingers crossed)it says 2-5 so...that usually means no..lol
Maybe a variant if need be?
Thanks in advance!
Barbmeeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Barb - please see my response in the separate thread about 2 players.

I hope to have an update in the next day or two on the status of the game - hopefully it will be at retailers very shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KTFerguson wrote:

I hope to have an update in the next day or two on the status of the game - hopefully it will be at retailers very shortly.

Any update on yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldenGirl wrote:
KTFerguson wrote:

Any update on yet?

I came here to ask the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, sorry about that. Last I heard from Rio Grande was that it was supposed to go out to distributors last Friday.

Now, just tonight I got a UPS notification of a shipment from Rio Grande that is expected to arrive at my house this Friday, Dec. 8. I expect those are my designer copies, and if they're shipping to me, I assume that means they've shipped them out to distributors (hopefully last Friday as planned).

I've reached out to Rio for confirmation...

If they've been shipped to distributors, then they should get them at some point this week, and hopefully quickly turn them around to send to retailers. So, I'm still thinking in retailers at some point next week. I'll update as I hear more from Rio Grande.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rio Grande confirmed that shipping to distributors started last Friday and is continuing this week. Jay, the owner of Rio Grande, thinks it may start appearing in stores this weekend.

So, at this point it kind of depends on what day it went out to which distributor, and which distributor your store uses, and how long it will take to get to them.

And of course, if you're buying from one of the online retailers, they have to turn it around to ship to you.

I hope they're right, and some do start appearing in stores this weekend...but my guess is still sometime next week before it starts appearing with regularity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I have a couple of orders on hold at Miniature Market and I'm waiting to ask them to release till then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rvinyard wrote:
Cool. I have a couple of orders on hold at Miniature Market and I'm waiting to ask them to release till then.

Just as a heads up, if you want the hold orders for Christmas, their cutoff for releasing hold orders for guaranteed arrival of 12/24 is tomorrow, 12/8. I had to release my hold orders without Santa's Workshop because they contain Christmas presents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldenGirl wrote:
rvinyard wrote:

Just as a heads up, if you want the hold orders for Christmas, their cutoff for releasing hold orders for guaranteed arrival of 12/24 is tomorrow, 12/8. I had to release my hold orders without Santa's Workshop because they contain Christmas presents.

Argh...I'm sorry to hear that. This is frustrating for me. I still think people will get it before Christmas, but it is a lot closer than I would like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KTFerguson wrote:
GoldenGirl wrote:
rvinyard wrote:

Argh...I'm sorry to hear that. This is frustrating for me. I still think people will get it before Christmas, but it is a lot closer than I would like.

Not a big deal; I plan to pay for upgraded shipping once it comes in stock at MM in hopes of still getting it before Christmas. Their ground cutoff isn't until December 16th, so as long as they get it in next week, I'm hopeful that we'll still have it for Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldenGirl wrote:

Not a big deal; I plan to pay for upgraded shipping once it comes in stock at MM in hopes of still getting it before Christmas. Their ground cutoff isn't until December 16th, so as long as they get it in next week, I'm hopeful that we'll still have it for Christmas.

Well, I did get my designer copies today...hopefully that means they aren't far behind for the general public.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my designer copies last Friday, and today I heard from Labyrinth Games in Washington D.C. that they received copies. I have also heard from several people that ordered through Cool Stuff Inc that they have received shipping notices.

Haven't heard from Miniature Market yet, which is where I placed an order (I wasn't sure when my designer copies would be coming).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As of this morning, GameSurplus has it listed as in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin McGraw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on, Miniature Market!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.