Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Time of Crisis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Just to be clear on this rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Carlin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
A: If you lose control of a province but have an army in the provincial capital does it remain there?

Or does it move out into the province?

In either case I would expect militia to be lost.

If you lose control of ITALY but have an army in the provincial capital does it remain there?

Or does it move out into the province?

In either case I would expect the militia to to be lost.

B: Can an army, including militia, sally out of a provincial capital, hopefully defeat an enemy and return to the provincial capital.

C: Does an army, consisting of MORE than one unit have to have a general?

Does an army consisting of only one unit have to have a general.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
J W Carlin wrote:
A: If you lose control of a province but have an army in the provincial capital does it remain there?

Or does it move out into the province?


It remains there.

Quote:
In either case I would expect militia to be lost.


Correct.

Both answers apply to Italy too.

Quote:
B: Can an army, including militia, sally out of a provincial capital, hopefully defeat an enemy and return to the provincial capital.


If they're battling an enemy in their province, they don't have to leave the capital at all to initiate battle. If they're battling an enemy in another province, the militia cannot go with them. Militia always remain in the capital.

Quote:
C: Does an army, consisting of MORE than one unit have to have a general?

Does an army consisting of only one unit have to have a general.


An army containing legions must have a general. An army consisting only of a militia does not need a general.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carlin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for your prompt reply - I will be playing this with a couple of rules lawyers that make Cicero seem taciturn.

I think considering the number of queries that this game has thrown up I am surprised that these did not arise during play testing. I hope that GMT produce a comprehensive Q&A on the issues that have arisen in PDF format for us to download.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
J W Carlin wrote:
Thanks for your prompt reply - I will be playing this with a couple of rules lawyers that make Cicero seem taciturn.

I think considering the number of queries that this game has thrown up I am surprised that these did not arise during play testing. I hope that GMT produce a comprehensive Q&A on the issues that have arisen in PDF format for us to download.


There's a clarifications/errata living doc here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jI8s2-UBr5gxarsReYLuJXa7...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:

Quote:
B: Can an army, including militia, sally out of a provincial capital, hopefully defeat an enemy and return to the provincial capital.


If they're battling an enemy in their province, they don't have to leave the capital at all to initiate battle. If they're battling an enemy in another province, the militia cannot go with them. Militia always remain in the capital.


For completeness sake, let me add that if they are battling an enemy in another province they cannot move back to the original province/capital (no army can move after battling).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
barbanera wrote:
For completeness sake, let me add that if they are battling an enemy in another province they cannot move back to the original province/capital (no army can move after battling).

For even more completeness' sake, there is an exception to this: If an army in a provincial capital is defeated by another player, they have to vacate to the countryside, and the victorious army can move in.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.