Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jos Vreugde
Belgium
Haasrode
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this new game from WGG you will help Ali Baba to get hold of the treasures of the magic cave, before the 40 thieves return.

To start the game you will place treasure tiles on a 5 x 5 grid, hereby forming a pyramid shape. These tiles lay face-down, except the top layer. There are 60 tiles available in the game, so not every tile will be used. Return the remaining tiles, blindly, to the box.

The tiles show a figure (for example a sword, vase, diamond) and have a certain background color (for example yellow, blue).
A turn can’t be more simple. You take an open treasure tile, turn over the (now) released tiles beneath and use the special power of the taken tile. The magic power is recognizable by its background color. For example, pink will let you score 5 points and green allows you to take one extra adjacent tile.

Would you like to steal a tile from a fellow player? Then the yellow backgrounds are something for you! The tile(s) you collect during your turn will be placed behind your player’s screen, with the aim of collecting sets. The more swords, vases or rings the better.
One ring will only result in 1 point at the end of the game, but 6 rings will give you 21 points!

As soon as the last tile has been turned over, we finish the round and play one final round.
Then we will count the points. In half an hour you gained another game experience!

When I first received information about this game, I decided to let this chalice pass from me. Once the closets are full you have to start making choices… But in the end I decided to buy this game. And I do not regret it.

But also when playing, it was no love at first sight. It’s just taking a tile and scoring points.. or is there more to it?
There is; just like with the tile pyramid, new layers presented themselves to me again and again whilst playing this game. The once popular tiles with the pink background (who doesn’t like to get 5 points??) now sometimes aren’t taken at all.

There is much more to take into account than you would think at first glance. You will try to remember which sets other players are trying to collect. Sometimes it is better to take a tile only worth 1 point for you, because it is worth 10 points for another player.
This could be the case with the brown background tile, if your fellow player already owns several tiles of that item.

A perfect getaway game to start or finish the evening with. The game quality is more than decent, as we are used to with WGG. Only the player screens are too small. It should be easy to hide all your sets behind your screen, but this is not the case. Let’s hope this will be fixed in a next edition! The material can fit in a smaller box, but the box now easily can be stacked in your closet with other games from their collection like Sushi Go Party, Lanterns, Völuspa and Take it easy.
In short, a treasure waiting to be discovered!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.