Subject: better with fewer players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy
msg tools
Dino DNA!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
looking at the player count poll, it seems like people are liking this more with fewer players. Curious about any thoughts why people feel like it works less well with 3/4/5 players

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I played it most alone and with 2 Player coop. I think this is the best count of players for the game. Never tried to play it with more then 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arlyn Janssen
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every player added increases the amount of chaos and input randomness. At 4 players it felt like more of a "let's see what happens" activity rather than an actual cooperative game. Some will enjoy that given how quick it often is, but I imagine many (myself included) will not. It works very well solo, though, so I intend to keep it for that purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
msg tools
Dino DNA!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comments! I can see that randomness coming in with more players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Molloy
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
Pjandy wrote:
looking at the player count poll, it seems like people are liking this more with fewer players. Curious about any thoughts why people feel like it works less well with 3/4/5 players

Thanks!
]

I think this is partially a factor is of only one game mode being available with the higher player counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.