Daniel Gaca
Germany
Ravensburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation: I have a Bomb Card with [3] [5] on it and a second Bomb Card that is completed with a stack:
[2]
[4]
[6]
[4]
[6]
I have two unused dice [?] [?]. Both dice are guaranteed to remove 1 die each (I have the same two colors on my first Bomb Card).
After rerolling the first die it shows: [1].
Q1: Can I "remove" the top die from the stack (the rules state that the bomb is still considered defused in this case) and keep my [3] on the first Bomb Card?
Q2: Could I then do the same thing with the second unused die keeping my [5] as well?
The same question would also come up with a Fuse Card someone else reveals.
It would circumvent the dice removal and still defuse the second Bomb Card.
Of course, it's up to the group but to me, it feels like cheating.
If the black die would be rolled first, I would obviously have to discard my [5] from the first Bomb Card before I could try to cheat the system.
Any input is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Skelding
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.

You're referring to the part of the rules that says:
Quote:
Note: Dice are NOT lost off of completed Bomb Cards, even if the dice match a Fuse Card or an unused die that was rolled. As soon as the final needed die is added to a Bomb Card, it is considered complete.

but you're forgetting the part that says:

Quote:
When all required dice have been placed on a Bomb Card, the bomb has been defused. Follow these steps:
1) Remove the dice from the card, and place them back in the bag.
2) Place the completed Bomb Card off to the side, face-down.
3) Choose one of the face-up Bomb cards from the middle of the table to replace your defused Bomb Card.
4) Replace the Bomb Card you chose with a new card from the deck.
5) If you draw a Fuse Card, activate it (see below) and draw a new card.

As soon as you complete a card, you remove the dice from it and put them back in the bag. The note about unused dice (and fuses) not removing dice from complete cards is just to clarify that a card can't become "uncomplete" ie you don't lose the dice from it and need to complete it again. You don't need to worry about losing a complete card, but you don't get to put its dice on another card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gaca
Germany
Ravensburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, then I do not understand what the clarification is supposed to accomplish. I'm not forgetting that part, but it doesn't say "as soon" or "immediately". If I immediately (that word might have helped) remove dice from any completed Bomb Card I obviously can never lose a die from it because there are no dice on it. If that note applies to the one second it takes me to remove all dice after placing the final die, alright.
I'm not sure what you mean by "but you don't get to put its dice on another card."
The rules don't show a complete order of steps (apart from the 6-step-Bomb-Card-thing). But from the way the rules are structured, unused dice appear before the 6 steps. So we figured the Bomb Defusal steps happen last, just before passing the bag. Then the Note about removing dice from completed cards made sense to us.
For 3+ player:
Grab dice from bag > roll dice > each player may take 1 dice > clear now completed bomb cards > put completed card aside > replace from middle and draw replacement card > activate any fuse card, remove it, and draw another card > re-roll unused die one by one and apply them > pass bag

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Skelding
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unused dice appear before clearing, yes, but they don't get rolled before clearing. You just said so yourself.

driehm wrote:
For 3+ player:
Grab dice from bag > roll dice > each player may take 1 dice > clear now completed bomb cards > put completed card aside > replace from middle and draw replacement card > activate any fuse card, remove it, and draw another card > re-roll unused die one by one and apply them > pass bag

The dice on the completed card have already been placed back in the bag by the time you're rolling the unused dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.