Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I' sure they are in the rulebook somewhere really obvious, but I can't seem to find the references to what certain counters are for.

I mean the counters with a black picture of a factory and the word industry. Are these simply to indicate where the Soviet, German and French cities are that can be captured reducing NARFs?

Also, the counters with a red picture of a factory and numbers? Are they used to indicate extra NARFs gained through conquest and alliances?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Copley
United States
Cumberland Center
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
cillmhor wrote:
I' sure they are in the rulebook somewhere really obvious, but I can't seem to find the references to what certain counters are for.

I mean the counters with a black picture of a factory and the word industry. Are these simply to indicate where the Soviet, German and French cities are that can be captured reducing NARFs?

Also, the counters with a red picture of a factory and numbers? Are they used to indicate extra NARFs gained through conquest and alliances?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Alasdair - In order:
1) No, French and Soviet industry markers are used as memory aids for those countries' industrial hexes, each worth a specific number of NARFs. France and the Soviet Union each have markers with specific #'s of NARFs printed on them. The black and white "Industry" markers are for use w/optional rule 29.10;

2) well, you can use them that way as a memory aid - not a bad idea, really - but I use red and white NARF markers with the industry symbol to make a note of NARF grants - like when Germany grants NARFs to Italy. For US Lend-Lease grants, one can use either the specific Lend-Lease markers or the generic NARF/industry markers.

Hope this helps,

ernie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Ernie,

That makes sense to me now.

Alasdair

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.