3 Posts

How to Rob a Bank» Forums » Rules

Subject: You MUST perform every action? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Goblin
msg tools
Hey all,
My wife and I decided to pick this one up the other day and give it a shot. Overall, it's a pretty fun little game. There's a major rule that frustrates me though...

Scenario:
A robber (with a moneybag) is on an outer square that is one space from the getaway car. He/She draws a card that states "move one square + spray a guard". An available guard is on a neighboring square in a different direction. Does the robber HAVE to move to that square and perform the action? The directions state that all "actions must be performed (if possible)". Even though the robber doesn't NEED to perform it at all.

We ran into similar situations a few times, and it kinda makes the game feel too robotic when you have to do something unnecessary like that. Is that just the nature of "programmed" board games? It's the first one like that we've played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fletcher
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The actions are performed separately (and in any order), so during your turn each action checks individually to see if it can be done.

If you choose to move first, spray second, the spray is dependent on there being a guard in the room you moved into. The move isn’t dictated by needing to move into a room that allows you to spray, but if the move you make does put you in a room with one or more guards, you must spray one of them.

In other words, congrats on stealing that bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Goblin
msg tools
LOL, that's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.