Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about when to play a Sabotage card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cohen
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question:
Is there a limit on when I can play a Sabotage card? For example, do I have to be in any way affected by the Action card I am sabotaging, or can I in effect "sell" my Sabotage card to help another player in a situation that does not affect me?

Thanks
Vandervecken
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
Vandervecken wrote:
Is there a limit on when I can play a Sabotage card? For example, do I have to be in any way affected by the Action card I am sabotaging, or can I in effect "sell" my Sabotage card to help another player in a situation that does not affect me?


Sneaky. I am aware of no such restriction.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play it on anyone.
By the TI4 rules you can agree to a transaction to be executed on your or the guy you helped next action. This transaction however would not be binding (because it's not immediately resolved) and the player could refuse to hand over payment.

(This is a good example as to why the new transaction rule suck). In TI3 you could negotiate, spend trade goods, etc. at any time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
malloc wrote:
You can play it on anyone.
By the TI4 rules you can agree to a transaction to be executed on your or the guy you helped next action. This transaction however would not be binding (because it's not immediately resolved) and the player could refuse to hand over payment.

(This is a good example as to why the new transaction rule suck). In TI3 you could negotiate, spend trade goods, etc. at any time.

I think TI3 had some issues with negotiations, too, that sometimes caused minor issues. "I'll pay you not to shoot me with your PDS". "OK, pay me". "Here you go". "Thanks. I'll shoot you anyway".

With TI4's transaction structure, at least now you can get binding deals to prevent the above kind of thing. And yes, I realize a player who does that very often at all will soon not be trusted EVER during play.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
sigmazero13 wrote:
malloc wrote:
You can play it on anyone.
By the TI4 rules you can agree to a transaction to be executed on your or the guy you helped next action. This transaction however would not be binding (because it's not immediately resolved) and the player could refuse to hand over payment.

(This is a good example as to why the new transaction rule suck). In TI3 you could negotiate, spend trade goods, etc. at any time.

I think TI3 had some issues with negotiations, too, that sometimes caused minor issues. "I'll pay you not to shoot me with your PDS". "OK, pay me". "Here you go". "Thanks. I'll shoot you anyway".

With TI4's transaction structure, at least now you can get binding deals to prevent the above kind of thing. And yes, I realize a player who does that very often at all will soon not be trusted EVER during play.

Why do you suppose transactions are restricted in this way? Is there some mechanical reason for this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I could only speculate as to why.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.