Neuroshima Hex! 3.0» Forums » General

Subject: Ordering from Portal Games online store rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Bess
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Has anyone else in the States experienced difficulty receiving items after ordering from Portal Games online store? How long does it typically take to get your items?

I'm asking because I ordered some promos for Neuroshima Hex in July, when they had free shipping, and I have yet to receive them. What concerns me is the tracking number doesn't work. I called USPS (spent an hour on hold) and they told me the tracking number didn't show up in any of their systems. They told me they could not help me any further.

This is the first order I've made to the online store, and I don't know how shipping from overseas works. My imagination tells me the items are lost somewhere between here and Poland, but I really have no idea. I've already sent an inquiry to Portal Games through the "contact us" section of their site. I haven't heard anything back yet, but that was just sent on Tuesday.

I really would like to order the four reprinted armies from their store, but I'm hesitant because I have yet to receive the other items ordered 6 weeks ago. Perhaps I need to be more patient. It's that good old Western culture with its instant gratification coming out of me I guess. Haha. I just wondered if anyone else has had similar experiences, and I hoped for some advice.

Thanks, friends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered many times from Portal Games online store. I live in Washingon State and it always takes a while to arrive but I've never had an issue overall.

Your current wait seems a bit long, but I would still expect that you'll get your items.

Also, I don't think I've ever gotten a shipping number for USPS, I usually see one for the Polish postal service but that stops tracking once it shifts over to USPS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel N
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spartan104 wrote:
Has anyone else in the States experienced difficulty receiving items after ordering from Portal Games online store? How long does it typically take to get your items?

I'm asking because I ordered some promos for Neuroshima Hex in July, when they had free shipping, and I have yet to receive them. What concerns me is the tracking number doesn't work. I called USPS (spent an hour on hold) and they told me the tracking number didn't show up in any of their systems. They told me they could not help me any further.

This is the first order I've made to the online store, and I don't know how shipping from overseas works. My imagination tells me the items are lost somewhere between here and Poland, but I really have no idea. I've already sent an inquiry to Portal Games through the "contact us" section of their site. I haven't heard anything back yet, but that was just sent on Tuesday.

I really would like to order the four reprinted armies from their store, but I'm hesitant because I have yet to receive the other items ordered 6 weeks ago. Perhaps I need to be more patient. It's that good old Western culture with its instant gratification coming out of me I guess. Haha. I just wondered if anyone else has had similar experiences, and I hoped for some advice.

Thanks, friends!

Same happened to me with the promos I ordered back in July, it seems there is no tracking available for the free-shipping stuff, however, my experience has been always good when I order army expansions from Portal Games webstore, they always have tracking and always arrive in less time than expected.

I'm still waiting for my promos to arrive. I will wait a couple more weeks before asking for a total refund of my money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Perry
United States
Mount Prospect
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered from them a few times. Each time has been a pretty different experience in terms of wait times. If you're still waiting for something from July, then I would guess it's either lost or it's stuck in customs. I've had both happen. If it's stuck in customs then it's just a matter of time. Sometimes the shipping crate gets flagged and you have to wait until everything in it is cleared. One time it was lost in circulation for a while because the address was filled out incorrectly. I think they left the state off of the address or something. It ended up returning to Portal and I had to correct the address that they used.

For the tracking check out Polonez Parcel Service. That's what they've used in the past, that might be what the tracking number is for.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
I messaged them earlier today actually. I'll update with any response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have indeed been having problems over the past couple of months:

Portal Games official apologies
Orders Delay - No answer from Portal Games
Free shipping on promo items from Portal Games until July 31, 2017

Hopefully they're getting it handled now. I'm still waiting on stuff I ordered in July and got a ship notice for on August 3rd. I did finally get an email last week saying they are re-shipping; fingers crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Shanks
msg tools
Yes I have also ordered things that havn't arrived yet.
Then I ordered another army (ny) and so now I am waiting on two parcels.
I hope they arrive before I order the Iron Gang or I will then be waiting for three.
I'm in Australia by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bess
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thanks all for the responses.

So, on September 15 I ordered the recently reprinted armies that were lacking in my collection. I did receive tracking information for that shipment, so it would seem they, at Portal Games, have resolved whatever issues that had been causing problems with the July orders. My order has already left Poland, as far as I understand the tracking information. I expect to receive the items any day now.

As for my July order, I found an email address in the forums posted earlier in this thread: portal@portalgames.pl. I messaged them at this address and received a response within three days. They are resending my July order, and they gave me tracking information when I requested it. Apparently, they had server issues that caused a lot of problems.

Thanks again for the advise, friends! And, thanks to Portal for making great games!! What a great hobby and great community this is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered some armies around the 12th, just received them yesterday so hopefully you'll see yours soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lockdall

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
badge
weaving waves of air
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having the exact same thought. I have made a few orders previously from Portals OLGS and have never had any issues. However My order from July as part of the free shipping promotion has never arrived. I contacted Customer support and they told me they had just shipped it in early September, but I am still waiting and am hesitant to make a new order until I am shore the issue is fixed. Il update if it arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bess
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I just received my order yesterday! Still waiting on the promos from July, but I was notified they were re-shipped recently. Hoping to receive them soon as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
DanielFirestorm wrote:

Received my July promos yesterday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lockdall

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
badge
weaving waves of air
mbmbmbmbmb
DanielFirestorm wrote:
DanielFirestorm wrote:

Received my July promos yesterday

Dang, I just reordered a promo today with a few armies. My promo from July has not yet arrived, but maybe there is hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Shanks
msg tools
My 2nd order arrived .
Vegas instead of New York but that's okay I plan on getting them all.
No sign of the mercenaries.

Faith restored,they are still there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bess
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Just received my July promo order a couple days ago! Grateful for the help from you, friends!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Shanks
msg tools
I have pre ordered the iron gang.
All my other orders bar the nerds have always arrived reasonably quickly.
Looking ng forward to these guys.looks like they are all out attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Shanks
msg tools
Revving engines ,fast bikes and screams.
The iron gang have arrived.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.