Spirit Island» Forums » General

Subject: Vassal or Tabletop Simulator modules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
João Martins
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I missed the kickstarter, but the rave reviews, anti-colonialist theme and brain-wracking this game seems to provide has got me all excited about it!

With the reprint only coming in December, is there any chance we may be able to play the game on one of these two systems at some point before then?

Would love to get some solo or coop sessions with friends under my belt before Christmas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had made a Vassal module way back when with the PnP files (which encouraged me to buy the game). At that time, I asked R. Eric about making that public and he said that >G would have to approve that. Looking through my geekmail files, I see that I did ask Christopher from >G but never got a response. I'll ask about it again.

I have since prettied it up with the scanned published files from my hard copy, and played several times. It works great. But I can't share it without their permission. (And please don't ask me to.) I'll let you know if/when I know more about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
... I see that I did ask Christopher from >G but never got a response. I'll ask about it again. ...
The person to ask is probably Paul, who is in charge of business decisions like this.

If you want official bitmaps, I can provide those if you get the permission from Paul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
Grudunza wrote:
... I see that I did ask Christopher from >G but never got a response. I'll ask about it again. ...
The person to ask is probably Paul, who is in charge of business decisions like this.

If you want official bitmaps, I can provide those if you get the permission from Paul.

Yes, R. Eric had mentioned that he would ask Paul, so we'll see. And yes, I'd love to replace what I have with the official bitmaps if able.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Martins
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks all! That sounds promising, but I won't get my hopes up!

I guess it's time to sit down and wait for a response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might recommend cutting out the middleman: Instead of asking Eric Reuss to ask Paul Bender, just ask Paul directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
I might recommend cutting out the middleman: Instead of asking Eric Reuss to ask Paul Bender, just ask Paul directly.

Already done. Waiting on a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Love the game. I'd love to play a quick solo match during lunch when my copy is already setup at home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul gave the OK to share. Give me a few days to update the graphics a little and add a help file to explain how to do a few things.

One note is that I have only 3 players and 3 player maps enabled. I'm going to leave it at that for now, as it would add a significant amount of time to add the fourth. I'd rather it be available sooner for 1-3.

Subscribe here and stay tuned and I'll post back when it's available.

And big thanks to Paul at >G, R. Eric for allowing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw, here's what it looks like. I'll be adding the official graphic files (thanks to Dylan), and tweaking a few other things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
Paul gave the OK to share. Give me a few days to update the graphics a little and add a help file to explain how to do a few things.

One note is that I have only 3 players and 3 player maps enabled. I'm going to leave it at that for now, as it would add a significant amount of time to add the fourth. I'd rather it be available sooner for 1-3.

Subscribe here and stay tuned and I'll post back when it's available.

wooo awesome!

This means we can start hosting PBF on here too with Vassel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the Vassal mod: http://www.vassalengine.org/mediawiki/images/9/95/Spirit_Isl...

And a video tutorial for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiY4aIlTadU

There's also a text file in the module that says a lot of the same things.

I'll make a separate post to announce this, but wanted anyone subscribed here to be made aware. I will be updating a few more graphics files for the Vassal module as I get them, and making another small tweak or two. But I wanted y'all to have it for now. It should be playable. I'll make notices about any updates to the new thread, so keep an eye out for that. Here's the new thread: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1850167/vassal-mod-and-...

Also, a TTS module was posted here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113692...=

The creator of that (Aaron) had asked me about posting that. I said that I assumed it was probably covered with the permission from >G, but it's on him as far as that goes. It's very nicely done. I'm still a Vassal guy, though, and find that easier to actually play games with (I assume someone more savvy with TTS might say the opposite). But it's great that there are now multiple options.

Again, huge thanks to R. Eric and Paul at >G.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Martins
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wonderful, thanks all involved! Can't wait to dig in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anvilfolk wrote:
Wonderful, thanks all involved! Can't wait to dig in!

You just had to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.