Popular Tags: [View All]
David Caldwell
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey All!

I am very happy to be able to finally share Aftermath with a much wider audience! Aftermath is a post-apocalyptic (post-nuclear, no zombies), open world, character building adventure game. Your goal is to gear up and perform feats of awesome that make you the most famous adventurer in the wasteland.

The Tabletopia rule book and adventure book can be found in the Files sections of Aftermath's BGG entry. They are also available within Tabletopia, of course. You can find the free single player version through the following URL:

https://tabletopia.com/games/aftermath

I always love to get feedback, so please don't hesitate to let me know what you think! Thanks for giving it a try and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played a few rounds on Tabletopia. I liked it a lot. The solo experience is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Caldwell
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for giving Aftermath at try! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself! I also enjoy the solo play option, but I find that my favorite is a 5 player game, even though it's quite a bit longer than single player. That said, the multiplayer experience probably won't be widely available until the Kickstarter (planned for Q1 2018) funds and the physical game prints.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the multiplayer cooperative? Competitive? Both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Caldwell
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jabah wrote:
Is the multiplayer cooperative? Competitive? Both?

The multiplayer is competitive. The goal is to be the adventurer with the most Fame at the end of the game. Each player performs 1 Action, then the next player goes. The loop is repeated until all players are out of Actions. At that point, they go around one more time, deciding whether or not to send their companion to town to run errands for them. Once that is done, the Round is completed. All maintenance is taken care of (clear Radiation Counters, replace cards/salvage as necessary, etc), the Round Marker is advanced and the 1st player card is passed to the person on the left. That person now gets to go 1st the next Round. It keeps the game moving quickly and even with 5 players, you never feel like you're waiting for too long.

That said, I do have both PvP and cooperative rule sets in the works. They will likely be released in the first expansion, assuming everything goes well for the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gozilla Gozilla
msg tools
Hi David!

How long would be a 5 player game?
2:30hrs?
Could you give more info on the solo player mode?
The rule book says the single player game is similar to multiplayer.
Do you play with a single character or cooperatively with more chars?
Any further info and details would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.