Hide
5 Posts

Target for Today» Forums » General

Subject: Group rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Aird
msg tools
Anyone tried this yet? Have dabbled with a group campaign, but it all feels very light weight and superficial. Maybe I am just not playing it right (quite likely). Has anyone seen a step by step mission using group campaign rules? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Correia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Dixon, the game designer, is running two campaigns. The group flying B-17s is full, but he B-24 group had a couple spots open as of two weeks ago. You could try to contact Steve via his site. http://www.stevenkdixon.com/tft.htm

There is a North Africa campaign using Target for Today rules. Here is the link to their latest mission. http://bombersinthedesert.freeforums.net/thread/136/mission-...
Group rules are elsewhere on the site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim,

Are you asking about having multiple game players each flying their own plane and somehow combining the results? That's what Lou is referencing above.

If you are referring, though to the Group Game Optional Rules in the rule book, I have been flying my campaign game using these rules.

You are right, in that they are very light. In 10 or 11 missions, I have had just a few fighters shot down by these "other" bombers and a few more damaged. I've lost 2 bombers to flak/fighter damage and several to landing accidents. While it's not real deep, I do find it very immersive, none the less. I keep track of each bomber's fighter kills/damages as well as it's bombing on-target percentage (and while I know it's random, it seems like the same planes continually do well or poorly).

Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Aird
msg tools
Tony
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is the optional rules I am using to have a 'group campaign' (I managed to get a slot in Steve's b17 campaign game which is 1 mission old).
Same as you, action is light c/w flying a mission as an individual b17 (TFT or QOTS!!) and agree it is immersive (tracking each plane and pilot individually) - loss rate is 1 a/c and crew after 7 missions (126 a/c sorties). Had luck on landings, but then again, haven't had any a/c take more than 1 lot of hits too date (a/c downed was a natural double 1 result). Enjoyable up to a point (esp if you like stats) but not quite the nail biting narrative of the solo missions.
Best
Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ola bergh
Sweden
Jordbro / Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
I roll for damage on non-player B17's after every wave instead as rules suggest after every finished combat. Clearly devs must have missed this.

It really doesnt add up to anything unusual, drone ships still get very light damage.

Will possibly house-rule flak aswell, thinking of roll for flak per every ship ina group instead of a single plane, which i find too unrealistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.