Subject: Hellas & Elysium play differently in solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Collins
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Though I have not had a chance to try the new boards with my group, I have with solo mode. They definitely change up the game. It's a challenge in particular on Hellas (two solo games so far) because the start cities/forests have wound up with one right next to the four oceans in the northwest quadrant both times. This has closed off plant resources. I haven't been able to use the South Pole yet due to forest placement preference for getting more plants, but I will.

Anyone else found anything interesting about them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my limited plays I have played two corporations with either Hellas or Elysium. Both times I won fairly easily with Elysium and lost badly with Hellas. Not sure if that means the Elysium board is easier for solo or not but lends me to start thinking that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Collins
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Phytoman wrote:
In my limited plays I have played two corporations with either Hellas or Elysium. Both times I won fairly easily with Elysium and lost badly with Hellas. Not sure if that means the Elysium board is easier for solo or not but lends me to start thinking that way.

Were they the same corps for both boards or four different ones? I lost one game myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
varianor wrote:
Phytoman wrote:

Were they the same corps for both boards or four different ones? I lost one game myself.

They were the same corporations for both boards. I wanted to compare to see if there was a difference. Of course, card draw would also be a factor since I did not standardize the deck for both plays. I want to try another Corporation again to see if I will get the same effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So far, I've played two solo games on Elysium with Inventrix, and lost both games badly. My solo win rate is normally around 60%, so this doesn't say much, except that in both games I wasn't even close to winning, which is unusual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quill65 wrote:
So far, I've played two solo games on Elysium with Inventrix, and lost both games badly. My solo win rate is normally around 60%, so this doesn't say much, except that in both games I wasn't even close to winning, which is unusual.

My solo win rate on the standard map is less than that (maybe 20%), which is why I became suspicious when I started winning with more frequency on the Elysium map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel balik
Czech Republic
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say (after 16 games solo on Hellas) that the win rate for me is similar (maybe slightly higher than base), but final scores tend to be a bit higher there.. at least for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianni Cottogni
Italy
Torino
Piedmont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My results so far on the new maps:

ELYSIUM:
- Saturn Systems, win 88 pts
- Ecoline, win 82 pts
- Credicor, win 110 pts
- Credicor, loss

HELLAS:
- UNMI, loss (very bad one!)
- Phobolog, win 76 pts
- Inventrix, loss
- Helion, loss
- Saturn Systems, win 75 pts

So, my impression is that Hellas map is more difficult for solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
allen stiles
United States
white lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't kept too many records of my solo plays. Having read all of these postings, I guess I'll have to start keeping better records.

My early solo play, without the corporate era cards, was pittiful, until I got past the initial learning curve. Once I added the corporate era cards, my win rate dropped drastically. I've managed to win it a few times, but not consistantly.

Have only played one solo game with the new maps. Not a useful sample size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.