Anachrony» Forums » Rules

Subject: Collapsing Capital Tiles - additional construct action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lantos Dávid
Hungary
flag msg tools
Hi,

There is Collapsing Capital Tile with "take and additional construct action".
In case I get an extra free building OR I get one but have to pay its cost too?

Other words, Do I have to pay both cost of constructions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - it's not build a building for free,
It's as if you went to the space twice in a row.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yup you have to pay the cost as you are 'taking a construction action'. part of the action is paying the cost. You still get the discount on the action if you use an engineer.

Well I think thats right anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperJoeUK wrote:

Yup you have to pay the cost as you are 'taking a construction action'. part of the action is paying the cost. You still get the discount on the action if you use an engineer.

But you get the discount only once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon David
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
SuperJoeUK wrote:

Is this in the rulebook somewhere or in a FAQ? I have just scoured the rulebook looking for this. Other than you now stating it, does it exist someplace else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Takenokojon wrote:
TDaver wrote:
SuperJoeUK wrote:

Is this in the rulebook somewhere or in a FAQ? I have just scoured the rulebook looking for this. Other than you now stating it, does it exist someplace else?

I'd start at the description of the collapsing tiles' individual descriptions, if not the FAQ here on BGG. If neither, add it there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
SuperJoeUK wrote:

Whaa…?

That's not the way I've played it…

Can you ask someone who actually knows the rules, like Victor?

I'm pretty sure that you (or possibly Victor, but I think you) said in some other thread that if you take the Research action with the free Construct Super Project action using a genius, you get both the Scientist bonus for the Research action and the Engineer bonus for the Construct action. That seems a bit contrary to your ruling in this case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
TDaver wrote:
SuperJoeUK wrote:

Whaa…?

I'm pretty sure that you (or possibly Victor, but I think you) said in some other thread that if you take the Research action with the free Construct Super Project action using a genius, you get both the Scientist bonus for the Research action and the Engineer bonus for the Construct action. That seems a bit contrary to your ruling in this case?

Hmmm. Now I'm doubting myself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
Takenokojon wrote:
TDaver wrote:
SuperJoeUK wrote:

I'd start at the description of the collapsing tiles' individual descriptions, if not the FAQ here on BGG. If neither, add it there

The rulebook just says "You may take an additional Construct Action."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
TDaver wrote:
SuperJoeUK wrote:

Whaa…?

It does not say you get the discount twice. I've always played discount the first time but not the second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
TDaver wrote:
Takenokojon wrote:
TDaver wrote:
SuperJoeUK wrote:

Exactly. But you have already gotten your free resource. It would say take your additional resource as well if you got that again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philtrees wrote:
SpecularRain wrote:
TDaver wrote:
Takenokojon wrote:
TDaver wrote:
SuperJoeUK wrote:

Exactly. But you have already gotten your free resource. It would say take your additional resource as well if you got that again.

Well, that's your interpretation. Mine would be the opposite. Hence the discussion…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've definitely played with no double discount. But I dunno what I'm basing it on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that for this tile, : You may take an additional Construct
Action.

The rules for the Construct Action state: If activated by an Engineer,
subtract 1 Titanium from the total cost of the Action.

Its clearly two actions, so seems reasonable to take the bonus for each of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scotherns wrote:
Action.

Its clearly two actions, so seems reasonable to take the bonus for each of them.

This is how i look when i'm outlawyered by my playtester
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah i think this came up during my session and we just treated it as a free normal construction action. We figured if u had to remember details like "you get the discount the first time but not the second" then the game would become very fiddly with another little thing that u had to remember. We assumed it was just a normal construction action. Makes the rules easier to follow that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iavor Ianakiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
scotherns wrote:
Action.

This is how i look when i'm outlawyered by my playtester

And finaly ? 2 or 1 discount on an additional construct action ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.