Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: The new Denny's mascot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe there hasn't been a thread about this here yet.

http://mashable.com/2017/09/11/dennys-turd-poop-mascot-react...

I don't think I've been to a Denny's since BGG.con '07 or '08. Based on that experience, this seems like an appropriate mascot.
9 
 Thumb up
8.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think in today's world, you'd think the concept of "let's run this design by a couple teenagers" would be important - this would have been "caught" in 5 seconds.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SabreRedleg wrote:
I can't believe there hasn't been a thread about this here yet.

http://mashable.com/2017/09/11/dennys-turd-poop-mascot-react...

I don't think I've been to a Denny's since BGG.con '07 or '08. Based on that experience, this seems like an appropriate mascot.
What has this got to do with dragons?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see Mr. Hankey landed on his feet.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't order the number 2.
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SabreRedleg wrote:
I can't believe there hasn't been a thread about this here yet.

http://mashable.com/2017/09/11/dennys-turd-poop-mascot-react...

I don't think I've been to a Denny's since BGG.con '07 or '08. Based on that experience, this seems like an appropriate mascot.
I have been to Denny's 3 times in my life and each and every time I had a miserable experience. There will not be a 4th.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
Don't order the number 2.


Poo all over my fanny?
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I worked for the Agency that is behind all of the Denny's advertising. Definitely some interesting stuff behind the scenes!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Valien wrote:
So I worked for the Agency that is behind all of the Denny's advertising. Definitely some interesting stuff behind the scenes!


Would you say you were their number two man?
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffreyac wrote:
Valien wrote:
So I worked for the Agency that is behind all of the Denny's advertising. Definitely some interesting stuff behind the scenes!


Would you say you were their number two man?


lol. no way. But i was responsible for the plumbing The Grand Slams (www.thegrandslams.com) has been out for about 3 years now. Sausage is part of that group.

(plumbing = site architecture/hosting/servers, etc)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
... is an octogenarian who wants breakfast for $1.99 and will tip you a quarter if you're lucky?

Sorry, bad memories from my summer spent working in a Denny's, yo.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DiamondSylph wrote:
... is an octogenarian who wants breakfast for $1.99 and will tip you a quarter if you're lucky?

Sorry, bad memories from my summer spent working in a Denny's, yo.


Hey, a quarter's a lot of money! You can go to the latest silent movie and get a soda for that!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.