Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Case 11.2 says you roll for degradation "whenever any rating of equipment in condition yellow is used" but does this apply to the impair, shield and port ratings on bots?

I've always played it that bots only go bad when you use their ratings for something during the Equipment Phase, but the way that rule is worded implies that you roll in combat and even during movement if they're carrying something.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had never applied degradation to bots in combat, but rereading through rules it does make sense to do so -- and for both "friendly" bots as well as berserk bots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording is a little odd in that section. But seems like probably yes its a check for whatever.

But its easy to read other ways so who knows. Considering the situaton though. Probably best to assume its whichever reading causes the crew the most trouble. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Botic

California
msg tools
I agree with degradation checks on non-berserk bots during any turn phase, but maybe no degradation checks anywhere if bot is berserk... (11.4)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.