Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This happen to anyone else?

These don't appear to have been sorted by type previously at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Are you talking about the Recruit & Mine Pool cards?

If so, not trying to be snarky, but you have me really curious... what sort order did you expect them in? What's wrong (or what caught your eye) with the way they came sorted? I guess I'm not catching on to what you mean by, "Did this happen to anyone else". Did what happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he means how the cards are packaged. It all has to do how the cards are arranged on the sheet when they are cut. The cards were probably not "sorted" in any order prior to be shrink wrapped.

I can't remember if mine were, but I often find games that have are similarly "mixed" and have no order. Off the the top of my head, Unfair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It's so many games that I was pleasantly surprised when 7th Continent's were actually in the right order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember for sure, but yes, I have some vague memory that the types of cards were all jumbled up.

One game where the cards did come very neatly sorted was Ticket to Ride: Europe… all cards of each colour together. Great! Except that those are supposed to be shuffled, and there's 158 of them… and that's one game where I haven't sleeved the cards, because I don't think the game is worth the investment. So I pile shuffled the cards into something like 11, then 7, then 5, then 3 piles, and then tried to do some overhand shuffling to get some randomisation in (I suck at riffle shuffling).

Thanks Days of Wonder!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember... but I do recall it taking a long time to figure out which cards were which even with the rulebook diagrams. This was the ks edition with extra modules so that added extra stuff as well to sort through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry for the lack of clarity
Was tired last night lol...

This is what I mean. I honestly don't remember a game where the separate card types are all mixed together like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:

This is what I mean. I honestly don't remember a game where the separate card types are all mixed together like this.

Yeah I remember this being odd but all the cards were there for me. Probably the way the printing files were allocated to the printer of the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:

Oh, OK, now I see what you're talking about. Thanks for the picture.
Yeah, that's not entirely convenient. Anyway, I honestly don't remember how my cards were sorted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came like that. I remember being a little surprised, and then making sure to count each deck once I sorted them out.

I have a retail version, not the KS version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:
This happen to anyone else?

These don't appear to have been sorted by type previously at all.

This is common with allot of games I've opened. Most recent one was Too many bones where all the cards where sorted together in two shrink wrapped stacked. Took me a good 30 minutes to separate them into encounters,loot,Trove loot, and Tyrant stacks. Not to mention all the diff types of encounters.

think of it as a form of cardboard punching/organizing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine were like that, too. Honestly, I found the entire unboxing process to be incredibly frustrating. Cards were shuffled together, there were redundant or extra components for most every resource, hard to differentiate between expansion components and base game components...

I read the rules, unpacked the game, sorted it with a friend for at least a half hour (bag for doomsday, bag for single player, bag for redundant extra bits...), got everything set up, and then we gave up on learning/playing the game as we weren't in the mood for something this seemingly heavy. Not a great first impression =/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guyincorporated wrote:
Mine were like that, too. Honestly, I found the entire unboxing process to be incredibly frustrating. Cards were shuffled together, there were redundant or extra components for most every resource, hard to differentiate between expansion components and base game components...

I read the rules, unpacked the game, sorted it with a friend for at least a half hour (bag for doomsday, bag for single player, bag for redundant extra bits...), got everything set up, and then we gave up on learning/playing the game as we weren't in the mood for something this seemingly heavy. Not a great first impression =/

Put it up for trade or sale. I am sure there will be many takers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guyincorporated wrote:

I found it to be a pain to sort as well. So many chits and things... It was quite an experience. It took me three passes or so to feel like I had it in a good organized spot.

Now for the positive... I did get it to the table, and it was definitely worth the time. Instantly one of my top three worker placement games, and may end up knocking down The Manhattan Project to #3, leading only to a battle royale between Anachrony and Argent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.