Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Hoyuk» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cattle - End Game - 1 Point Each Block or 1 Point Each Each Cattle Meeple? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of the game, the rules say:

Quote:
End of game: at the end of phase 4, inspect the village one last time, block by block. The player with the most cattle meeples in each block receives 1 victory point each.

Does that "each" mean 1 victory point per block, or 1 victory point per cattle meeple in said block.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAGE Company
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kiloforce wrote:
At the end of the game, the rules say:

Quote:
End of game: at the end of phase 4, inspect the village one last time, block by block. The player with the most cattle meeples in each block receives 1 victory point each.

Does that "each" mean 1 victory point per block, or 1 victory point per cattle meeple in said block.

Is the second one: 1 victory point per cattle meeple in said block

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
So if "buildings", "cattle" and "villagers" each score 1 point at the end game (for player with majority), this seems significantly more advantaged then those who were stuck building "ovens" and "shrines"? That seems to penalize players for their luck of draw, rather than strategy. If you are going to give points for majorities, shouldn't it be for each and every category?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAGE Company
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that shrines, ovens, also reward you with Aspect cards which can give you points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
But so do cattle/villagers, which just makes them worth double over shrines/ovens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAGE Company
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that's correct.
A good tactic would be to aim on aspects cards that give you a family, or cattle since you can see the icons on the top cards. Is a bit hard since you must win in a block, or more..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.