Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NEXT SESSION : Wednesday September 20, 2017.
GAMES : There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
WHERE? THE LOUNGE of the Canadian Legion Branch 351 - Centertown, 330 Kent Street (The Montgomery Legion)
WHEN? Gaming starts at 5 pm and goes until 10
COST: FREE!!
PARKING : Kent and Somerset have parking, as well as the nearest side streets which are Gilmour, Maclaren, Cooper and Lisgar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another nice crowd on a hot late summer night at the Legion.

I started out by playing Rialto with Nick and Tony (their first game) and Wendy and Ashley. I took lots of hits early by foregoing Bridge cards with my strategy being to ignore the Doge track and focus on some early buildings and Gondolas. Wendy pushed a little bit on the Doge track, won the blue district reward and had good presence in several areas. Tony had a good run at the Doge track and excellent presence in several districts. Nick, too, had strong board presence. Ashley and I both seemed to be shooting for gondolas, a battle I won in a key round to get the yellow district bonus tile. In the end, Wendy's strong board presence, pushing ahead on bridges and buildings put her far up on second place Tony. The other two experienced players competed for last place.

Next, Brennan, Nick and Richard seemed interested in Rialto too so I taught them. In this game I was focused less on buildings but used the Doge building to vault from 4th place into first on the Doge track...a lead I kept most of the game. My other two key buildings gave me additional card draws and hand size as well as the ability to take a councillor and a VP. I used both of these extensively in my desire to pull lots of councillors out of "jail". Nick, Richard and Brennan all went in pretty heavy on buildings and establishing board presence with Brennan winning the blue district bonus. I tried to pick points on the board and took the yellow district bonus. This was a close game with me taking a 2 point victory over Nick (who'd made a big comeback).

Other games I saw played included DVONN, Element, a very mean game of Through the Desert and Quadropolis.

Have a great week. See you next Wednesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.