Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The subject tells the whole story: I'm considering backing the Kickstarter, I know Mint Delivery won't be the best game for 2 players, but I'd back it to buy Mint Works.

Does it lose too much interaction in 2-player mode?
What are setup differences between 2p and 3/4p?

thanks a bunch guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dubya
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I know where you live, and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will CRY when they see what I've done to you.
badge
Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression.
mbmbmbmbmb
My main opponent, my younger daughter, prefers playing this 2P vs. having my older daughter join us for 3P play; having only one opponent definitely gives you a little bit more of a chance to create a strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this game has something to offer at every player count. I mainly play solo and that is challenging on its own. Playing with an actual player who knows what they're doing is engaging as well. 3-4 player counts kind of gets to a take what you can get, but once you have a good upkeep phase going it really opens your options. for $10 you can't go wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played and love Mint Works at all player counts. Hands down, the best filler game that fits easily in your pocket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Mint Works well at all player counts (1-4)

The main difference in 2-4 players is that some of the locations have fewer placement spots (it's clearly marked on the cards which side to use).

Solo mode has a few extra rules as you need to select an AI player, order the location cards in a set order, and then act out the AI's turn according to a set of simple rules outlined in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sushmeit M
India
flag msg tools
The game does vary slightly between a 2-player game and a 3-player game.

The three player actually feels uncertain in a good way; the getting to and blocking a location before someone else can feel more of an achievement; and strategies actually could vary.

In a two player, occasionally moves become predictable, and that could lead to an anticlimactic ending. That's also because sometimes it becomes a zero-sum game. Instead, in the 3 or 4 player game you could've tried to get together with somebody else to block locations and slow down the winner.

Still, a great two player game with a fair amount of variability, considering size and time required. No brainer if it is used as a gateway, a portable worker placement, or a gift.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Uzar
Croatia
Rijeka
flag msg tools
Holyviper wrote:
The game does vary slightly between a 2-player game and a 3-player game.

The three player actually feels uncertain in a good way; the getting to and blocking a location before someone else can feel more of an achievement; and strategies actually could vary.

In a two player, occasionally moves become predictable, and that could lead to an anticlimactic ending. That's also because sometimes it becomes a zero-sum game. Instead, in the 3 or 4 player game you could've tried to get together with somebody else to block locations and slow down the winner.

Still, a great two player game with a fair amount of variability, considering size and time required. No brainer if it is used as a gateway, a portable worker placement, or a gift.

Nice said! Couldn't agree more with all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.