Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
47 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » NSW (Sydney)

Subject: Saturday Gaming at the Nerd Cave rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just wondering if anyone is interested in meeting up for some board gaming at the Nerd Cave next Saturday or on future Saturdays? They have say they usually have table space available if you get there early so no need to pay for a room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian C
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im keen but after 3pm after dragon boat training
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's great. I can probably play from 12 to around 6 or 7 but might be able to negotiate with my wife for a later time. Looks like we enjoy similar games and you like a few I'd like to try out, Terra Mystica and Great Western Trail...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Thielsch
Australia
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am new here and just recently got into Board Games again. What are you looking to play? I for myself is looking for more players to play Scythe and Roll for the Galaxy with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian C
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coxy_fc wrote:
That's great. I can probably play from 12 to around 6 or 7 but might be able to negotiate with my wife for a later time. Looks like we enjoy similar games and you like a few I'd like to try out, Terra Mystica and Great Western Trail...

Awesome

Let me know what game u like to play. I can bring either one Terra Mystica, GWT, or Terraforming Mars, or anything in my list (not updated).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian C
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smartdrive wrote:
I am new here and just recently got into Board Games again. What are you looking to play? I for myself is looking for more players to play Scythe and Roll for the Galaxy with.

Bring Scythe. Happy to play after GWT or TM. I will try to get more peeps to come on Saturday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Thielsch
Australia
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
helloworldmy wrote:
Bring Scythe. Happy to play after GWT or TM. I will try to get more peeps to come on Saturday

Sounds good. I try to come this Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
helloworldmy wrote:
Smartdrive wrote:

I'm happy to play any of the games mentioned although I've not played them so if we pick say Scythe and one of either GWT, T Mystica or T Mars I'll read up on the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Smartdrive wrote:
helloworldmy wrote:

Sounds good. I try to come this Saturday.

That's great. What time do you think you can be there? I can start when it opens at 12 but may not be able to stay beyond 7pm (but I'm working on it!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Teh
Australia
Croydon
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I can probably make it from about 1 if that suits Greg? Happy to play any of the mentioned games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Thielsch
Australia
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I should be there from around 12:30-13:00. But I will reconfirm closer to Saturday. But should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg A
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
i am keen to join this coming Saturday.. you meeting there at 12pm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes I'm planning on getting there around 12 just after it opens to grab a table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
helloworldmy wrote:
coxy_fc wrote:

Awesome

Let me know what game u like to play. I can bring either one Terra Mystica, GWT, or Terraforming Mars, or anything in my list (not updated).

Just received my copy of GWT so will bring it along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Thielsch
Australia
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys,

Unfortunately I am not able to attend as the flu has struck me down.
Apologies for that. But I think we should try again for next weekend before they shut down for good.

Markus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hisala Mander
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smartdrive wrote:
But I think we should try again for next weekend before they shut down for good.

Wow I thought they just opened or is this a joke

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Thanks all for a fun afternoon of gaming!

hisalamander wrote:
Smartdrive wrote:
But I think we should try again for next weekend before they shut down for good.

Wow I thought they just opened or is this a joke

Yes, unfortunately it's true. I spoke to the owners and they are closing on 14th Oct due to lack of income, which is crazy as the place was packed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg A
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
thanks for a fun afternoon guys... i'd be keen to meet up and play again sometime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I might be able to make it this Saturday if you're interested but will know closer to the date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Thielsch
Australia
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
coxy_fc wrote:
I might be able to make it this Saturday if you're interested but will know closer to the date.

I am defo interested as I missed out this week. I can bring Scythe and Roll for the Galaxy. I will check closer to the weekend as well and just created a roll for group invite as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Smartdrive wrote:
coxy_fc wrote:

I am defo interested as I missed out this week. I can bring Scythe and Roll for the Galaxy. I will check closer to the weekend as well and just created a roll for group invite as well.

Ok great keep a provisional seat for me, I havent figured out the Roll For thing yet, plus I'm still hoping to get a green light from my wife to attend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are people still going to this tomorrow and if so, what time do you expect to be there (I can be there by 12)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaie D
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
coxy_fc wrote:
Smartdrive wrote:
coxy_fc wrote:

Ok great keep a provisional seat for me, I havent figured out the Roll For thing yet, plus I'm still hoping to get a green light from my wife to attend.

I've signed up, the game time is set for 12-5pm on Roll for Group (https://www.rollforgroup.com/publicmatch?matchkey=3e1dffe0-a...), so I assume that's when we aim to meet up. I haven't played Scythe yet, but I'm looking forward to playing and meeting some fellow gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg A
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
i was hoping to make it tomorrow but i cant make it this week unfortunately.. i would be keen to meet next week again if people are keen or another week if it suits better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Greg, I might be able to make it next Sat but I think that could be the last one for the venue unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.