9 Posts

Space Cadets: Away Missions» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ham Bone
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard of any expansions for this? I've contacted Stephen a few times and have been told repeatedly that it is in the works, but I've heard that for about a year and a half now and nothing has been announced. Oh what a wasted opportunity. Think of all the possibilities. A fantastic game like this screams for more material. Think of all the stuff pumped out by other publishers for less than stellar game, and this one continues on with no more lovin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
The black wind howls... One among you will shortly perish...
mbmbmbmbmb
It is in the works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even know one was in the works, this is very exciting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designers have a lot of cool stuff in development for the expansion, which is just waiting for a spot in Stronghold's queue.

There's more detail in other threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer said he was working in an expansion when the game first released. I am not aware of any recent progress updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hopefully the expansion will re-introduce this game to the masses, if marketed well. I'm still amazed at how little recognition this game gets (i.e, "Sorry, haven't heard of that game"), considering what a fun, thematic game that it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ham Bone
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
agree. This game has little or no recognition. I love the fact that it's not zombies or Cthulu. Classic sci-fi is a great setting. There are many possibilities for expansions with hundreds of different aliens/enemies to choose from, not to mention equipment and rocketeer classes. They haven't even begun to touch on teleporating and planet surfaces. The possibilities are so far reaching it boggles the mind why this title has gone stagnant. Maybe it didn't sell very well. Stephen mentioned he was not interested in another kickstarter after this released, maybe he doesn't want to front the money on his own to get expansions in the works. I don't know the reason so this is all speculation but to me it just seems like theres a very good opportunity and it's being overlooked. The window of time is quickly closing I believe, much longer and no one will care any more. Just my two cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The expansion is a 2018 event. Sorry that it has been delayed, but as you can probably imagine, it has been a very busy year here.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:

The expansion is a 2018 event. Sorry that it has been delayed, but as you can probably imagine, it has been a very busy year here.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games

Looking forward to this!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.