Subject: Leader questions - Tywin Lannister - Aeron Greyjoy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zoltan Barta
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tywin Lannister's Wealth of the Rock says: Before a player offers support, if you are an active player and if you have at least 1 power on this sheet:
Choose 1 character in that house and give it 1 power from this sheet. That character is forced to support you.

1. "Before a player offers support": I need to immediately jump in and use my ability before the player says a single word, or can I wait out until at least turns out what the player actually wants to do? People declares support differently, someone says "I'll support someone, let me think...", others says "Baratheon I'll support you" and then his first word was the target of the support, I did not have a chance to stop his talking and interrupt with my ability, he already offered support.

2. If the player does not says anything and does not supports anyone, which actually means he did not offer support to anyone but stated that "I'm going to be neutral", then can I still force the player to support me? I guess not, because staying neutral means you did not offer support.

3. If I have many power tokens on Tywin which covers all my expenses for this action, can I use myability multiple times, even on every players?

Aeron Greyjoy's What is Dead May Never Die says: At the start of the preparation phase, if you have at least 1 power on this sheet:
Choose 1 dead character. Flip that character token faceup; that character is no longer dead. Place one power from your leader sheet on that character, and draw 1 card.

4. Can I use this multiple times at the same time to wake up multiple dead characters?

5. Can I use this ability on any of my opponents? The card does not says I have to use it on my characters and also does not says that I need to have at least one dead character.

Thank you for your help, if anyone able

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tywin: If you have Tywin in play, players should give you the opportunity to use his ability before declaring their support intent. You can use as many times as you have power on the sheet.

Aeron: I would say yes to both. Another player may have a character ability to stop someone else from winning if you can help them out in this way and there's nothing in the rules that I could see that limits the number of times per round you can use a leader ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - I think you have to use Tywin Lannister as soon as possible, but I don't think there's a problem in you waiting to see what the other player decides.

2 - You're forcing him to support you, no matter what he wants.

3 - Yes, same as with Cersei's ability.

And regarding Aeron, even without having the expansion yet:

4 - I'm quite sure is the same as in the 3. As long as you can pay, go for it.

5 - It seems you could resurrect others but I don't know why you would do it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltan Barta
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys!

Lochi wrote:

One of the reasons could be that someone is leading the game with at least one influence advantage and there is an other player who already lost all of his characters except one, which is close to death as well. In this case, since I'm part of the looser's bandwagon, I would not want the game to end now, because then I'd loose. So I'd resurrect one character of the almost dead player so on this way at least I won some time and the game will end later So maybe I'll also go ahead on the influence counter meanwhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lochi wrote:
1 - I think you have to use Tywin Lannister as soon as possible, but I don't think there's a problem in you waiting to see what the other player decides.

2 - You're forcing him to support you, no matter what he wants.

3 - Yes, same as with Cersei's ability.

And regarding Aeron, even without having the expansion yet:

4 - I'm quite sure is the same as in the 3. As long as you can pay, go for it.

I don't agree with some of the things you replied here...

regarding #1, I think you can try to see what the other player wants to do but if during that time he offers support to the other player you lost your chance...
So, you can try to convince him to support you so that you don't give him 1 power... but by doing that you are allowing him to deny you and offer his support to the other side... if you don't want to give him that chance don't risk it and use your power...

what we do here is that before each player offers support we ask if anyone wants to use powers that are applied "before a player offers support" so that you don't go into a shouting battle to see if I used my power before you offered your support.

Agree with #2 He didn't offer support so I think you can still use your power... but like I said above if you don't want to take a chance use your power as soon as you can

Regarding £3
I don't know if the OP is asking if he can influence multiple characters in the same house, if he's asking that the answer is no because only 1 character is sent to support.
If he wants to know if he can use this power on every player that isn't an Active player than the answer is Yes... as long as you have influence over their house and you have the Power to pay you can use it on every non-active player

Regarding #4 I don't agree... not saying that I'm correct but the way I read it is that you can do this one time...
"At the start of the preparation phase, if you have at least 1 power on this sheet: Choose 1 dead character"

Those to me are the key words... at the start you check to see if you have at lest 1 power on your sheet... if you do you can choose 1 Dead Character and resurrect him"
It doesn't say you can choose multiple characters and once you use the power once you are no longer at the start of the preparation phase...
Not saying that I'm correct but that's the way I read this.

Regarding #5 I agree it seems you can use it on other player's characters... He might want to do so to prevent someone from having all of his characters killed because if that happens the game ends and if he's not winning he might want to prevent that from happening

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I agree with Paulo

1) Some leeway needs to be granted and it shouldn't be a race to see who can speak first. I would read it as "before a character is committed..."

2) Stating you remain neutral is before support is offered so I would say can still force it.

3) This should be used once before each player as long as you have influenced them. So yes it could be used multiple times but only once per player.

4) I also agree this is a once per turn use. If you have multiple options, you would have to target one per turn.

5) Yes, you could use this on other player's characters. there are reasons it would be a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.