Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Ascension: Realms Unraveled» Forums » General

Subject: New to the game and my rule book is trashed. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Ciuppa
United States
Marietta
GA
flag msg tools
Hi,

I recently bought the game and although the game itself is in perfect condition. (new in shrink)The rule book looks like it went through a washing machine. Can someone point me to the rules pdf so I can get started with the game? I did a bunch of searches and didn't find anything for this one. I found manuals for other versions and didn't know which one of those to use.

Thanks,
Brian
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryden
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use this link to the publisher's rules files:

OnLine Ascension Rules
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ciuppa
United States
Marietta
GA
flag msg tools
NoDicePlease wrote:
Use this link to the publisher's rules files:

OnLine Ascension Rules



Yes. That's the site that I was talking about. It doesn't have the rules for this version. Is there an alternate set you can recommend?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ciuppa wrote:
NoDicePlease wrote:
Use this link to the publisher's rules files:

OnLine Ascension Rules



Yes. That's the site that I was talking about. It doesn't have the rules for this version. Is there an alternate set you can recommend?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "this version"? You posted this in the Realms Unraveled message boards, so I'm assuming you did request the rulebook for that?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Realms Unraveled has 3 mechanics that differ from the base game rules Transform, Multi-unite & Multi-faction cards.

Transform- You get to transform the cards based on their transform conditions. You then use those upgraded conditions til the end of the game. Their are two versions of the transform cards. One version is double sided the other version has two cards, one regular and the other the upgraded version. You only use one version. either the double sided if you are using sleeved cards, you just flip it around when you up grade, or the two card version, where you simply replace the normal card with the upgraded one when you upgrade. The normal version of the card is then removed from the game.

Multi-unite- Just has extra benefits if you play it with other heros of the same faction on the same turn. The individual cards state what those benefits are.

Multi-faction- These cards can belong to more than one faction and will count as a card of of each of those factions listed. For example, if you have a multi-unite card that gains a benefit if you play another Enlightened hero, and you play multi-faction Enlightened Mechana Hero, it counts toward your multi-unite as well as any cards you might have up that require a Mechana hero that round.

The rest of the rules are the same as the base game of Ascension.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ciuppa
United States
Marietta
GA
flag msg tools
ackmondual wrote:
ciuppa wrote:
NoDicePlease wrote:
Use this link to the publisher's rules files:

OnLine Ascension Rules



Yes. That's the site that I was talking about. It doesn't have the rules for this version. Is there an alternate set you can recommend?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "this version"? You posted this in the Realms Unraveled message boards, so I'm assuming you did request the rulebook for that?


Exactly, there is no rule book for Realms Unraveled on that site.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ciuppa
United States
Marietta
GA
flag msg tools
shadowsclassic wrote:
Realms Unraveled has 3 mechanics that differ from the base game rules Transform, Multi-unite & Multi-faction cards.

Transform- You get to transform the cards based on their transform conditions. You then use those upgraded conditions til the end of the game. Their are two versions of the transform cards. One version is double sided the other version has two cards, one regular and the other the upgraded version. You only use one version. either the double sided if you are using sleeved cards, you just flip it around when you up grade, or the two card version, where you simply replace the normal card with the upgraded one when you upgrade. The normal version of the card is then removed from the game.

Multi-unite- Just has extra benefits if you play it with other heros of the same faction on the same turn. The individual cards state what those benefits are.

Multi-faction- These cards can belong to more than one faction and will count as a card of of each of those factions listed. For example, if you have a multi-unite card that gains a benefit if you play another Enlightened hero, and you play multi-faction Enlightened Mechana Hero, it counts toward your multi-unite as well as any cards you might have up that require a Mechana hero that round.

The rest of the rules are the same as the base game of Ascension.


Thank you. That's very helpful.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ciuppa wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
ciuppa wrote:
NoDicePlease wrote:
Use this link to the publisher's rules files:

OnLine Ascension Rules



Yes. That's the site that I was talking about. It doesn't have the rules for this version. Is there an alternate set you can recommend?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "this version"? You posted this in the Realms Unraveled message boards, so I'm assuming you did request the rulebook for that?


Exactly, there is no rule book for Realms Unraveled on that site.
By golly you're right! I couldn't confirm this at that time. I just assumed it was complete.



ciuppa wrote:
shadowsclassic wrote:
Realms Unraveled has 3 mechanics that differ from the base game rules Transform, Multi-unite & Multi-faction cards.

Transform- You get to transform the cards based on their transform conditions. You then use those upgraded conditions til the end of the game. Their are two versions of the transform cards. One version is double sided the other version has two cards, one regular and the other the upgraded version. You only use one version. either the double sided if you are using sleeved cards, you just flip it around when you up grade, or the two card version, where you simply replace the normal card with the upgraded one when you upgrade. The normal version of the card is then removed from the game.

Multi-unite- Just has extra benefits if you play it with other heros of the same faction on the same turn. The individual cards state what those benefits are.

Multi-faction- These cards can belong to more than one faction and will count as a card of of each of those factions listed. For example, if you have a multi-unite card that gains a benefit if you play another Enlightened hero, and you play multi-faction Enlightened Mechana Hero, it counts toward your multi-unite as well as any cards you might have up that require a Mechana hero that round.

The rest of the rules are the same as the base game of Ascension.


Thank you. That's very helpful.


Also:
Snapdragon Witch
Gain 1 honor
Draw a card
if you have more honor than every other player, draw an additional card.
IIRC... you check the condition after you've gained the 1 honor, as well as after applying all other honor gains (for example, Snapdragon, l/c, 1st time playing a l/h each turn, gain 1h)


bottom right changes the notation for card counts and which sets. # of dots = how many of that card there is. Symbol = set. In this case, squiggly line in the shape of a circle.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
I have never lost at Ascension nor Shards of Infinity.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
ciuppa wrote:
Exactly, there is no rule book for Realms Unraveled on that site.

I should have that corrected next week.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ciuppa
United States
Marietta
GA
flag msg tools
Huuuze wrote:
ciuppa wrote:
Exactly, there is no rule book for Realms Unraveled on that site.

I should have that corrected next week.


Looking forward to it. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Summa
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
ciuppa wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
ciuppa wrote:
NoDicePlease wrote:
Use this link to the publisher's rules files:

OnLine Ascension Rules



Yes. That's the site that I was talking about. It doesn't have the rules for this version. Is there an alternate set you can recommend?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "this version"? You posted this in the Realms Unraveled message boards, so I'm assuming you did request the rulebook for that?


Exactly, there is no rule book for Realms Unraveled on that site.
By golly you're right! I couldn't confirm this at that time. I just assumed it was complete.



ciuppa wrote:
shadowsclassic wrote:
Realms Unraveled has 3 mechanics that differ from the base game rules Transform, Multi-unite & Multi-faction cards.

Transform- You get to transform the cards based on their transform conditions. You then use those upgraded conditions til the end of the game. Their are two versions of the transform cards. One version is double sided the other version has two cards, one regular and the other the upgraded version. You only use one version. either the double sided if you are using sleeved cards, you just flip it around when you up grade, or the two card version, where you simply replace the normal card with the upgraded one when you upgrade. The normal version of the card is then removed from the game.

Multi-unite- Just has extra benefits if you play it with other heros of the same faction on the same turn. The individual cards state what those benefits are.

Multi-faction- These cards can belong to more than one faction and will count as a card of of each of those factions listed. For example, if you have a multi-unite card that gains a benefit if you play another Enlightened hero, and you play multi-faction Enlightened Mechana Hero, it counts toward your multi-unite as well as any cards you might have up that require a Mechana hero that round.

The rest of the rules are the same as the base game of Ascension.


Thank you. That's very helpful.


Also:
Snapdragon Witch
Gain 1 honor
Draw a card
if you have more honor than every other player, draw an additional card.
IIRC... you check the condition after you've gained the 1 honor, as well as after applying all other honor gains (for example, Snapdragon, l/c, 1st time playing a l/h each turn, gain 1h)


bottom right changes the notation for card counts and which sets. # of dots = how many of that card there is. Symbol = set. In this case, squiggly line in the shape of a circle.


That was almost the right list for checking the snapdragon witch condition but not quite. You always resolve the actively played card first from top to bottom. So you gain the 1 honor, then you check honor pools and must be ahead (not tied) to draw the second card. After that effect has gone off, then you check other heroes and constructs for unites or triggers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.