United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
I must say the two gentlemen make a compelling case

They're right. It is fucked up. The government's presumption that ICP fans are criminals based solely on their taste in music isn't defensible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/gy5bjx/the-radical-pol...

Have never heard one of their songs, laughs. But they do have their following.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
They have already got a clown in the Whitehouse what more do they want?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Marches, how do they work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
Well, reality has certainly gotten weird

Actually reality will be really really really weird tomorrow in DC

Quote:
A pro-Trump rally dubbed the "Mother of All Rallies" (MOAR) is slated to take place on Washington's National Mall this September.

The Sept. 16 gathering will feature speeches from vocal Trump supporters like Marco Gutierrez, the founder of Latinos for Trump, and Omar Navarro, the Republican who is challenging Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif.

"Due to increasing political and social unrest, many believe that core American values, customs, and traditions are being sacrificed. Rally participants will demand protection for traditional American culture while they express their love for the United States and the America First agenda," a statement on the rally's website reads.

This convergence should be on pay-per-view
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
I hope Obama shows up just to bodyslam a juggalo like:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a rare opportunity for The Nature Channel to complete their documentary on Juggalo migration patterns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
This is a rare opportunity for The Nature Channel to complete their documentary on Juggalo migration patterns.

And the Food Network to have a whole mixer/bar series about Faygo as an ingredient in meat sauces, or perhaps mixers with bourbon. Or wood alcohol, whichever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Martin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For all their faults I have never heard a bad thing about any of those people. Years ago a friend of mine wrote an article for the Village Voice about them and to research went to one of the gatherings. She said from start to finish she was treated with absolute respect and as a result is still friends with many of the people she met there.

https://www.villagevoice.com/2010/09/08/live-from-insane-clo...

I dont agree with a lot of the stuff that they do and if I found out my daughter wanted to go id be a little horrified. That said, is it really that different from Burning Man or any of the other drug-fueled festivals that are more easily digestible because people look normal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brkmrtn wrote:
For all their faults I have never heard a bad thing about any of those people. Years ago a friend of mine wrote an article for the Village Voice about them and to research went to one of the gatherings. She said from start to finish she was treated with absolute respect and as a result is still friends with many of the people she met there.

I dont agree with a lot of the stuff that they do and if I found out my daughter wanted to go id be a little horrified. That said, is it really that different from Burning Man or any of the other drug-fueled festivals that are more easily digestible because people look normal?

So I went to HS with several people who were fans of them, I think they just got roped in with the impression that they were part of more violent gangs back in the 90s and the image has stuck. The magnets video also hasn't done them any service either. Really they represent the power of labeling. I they people just think more of like a Compton kinda situation when they think ICP, vs say Rob Zombie fans. The whole crazy guy running at you with an axe and that bout of clown attacks last year hasn't helped them either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brkmrtn wrote:

Yes, and no. This is worth reading in full - it's sort of a trip to the seventh circle of Hell.

All the more poignant because Tila Tequila, since this, became an honest-to-God Nazi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
brkmrtn wrote:
That said, is it really that different from Burning Man or any of the other drug-fueled festivals that are more easily digestible because people look normal?
Burning Man is an arts festival that comes and goes. "Juggalos" and their "Juggalism" is about core identity. They have every right to assemble, and the FBI's gang label is ridiculous (unless white trash kids smoking weed in a field & listening to terrible music is considered "gang activity.")

That being said: There is no "greater good" with this Juggalo bullshit. It's dirtbag kids latching onto a subculture that promises belonging, but is actually two white guys in their mid-40's wearing facepaint, adopting rap mannerisms, and saying 'Fuck' a lot in order to get these kids to buy their albums/videos/t-shirts/concert tixx/merch. So while I sympathize with their plight regarding government dickbaggery, I struggle to compare their struggle to anything beyond letting the Klan march through Skokie, Illinois because it is their Constitutional right. These aren't "freedom fighters" they are 2 guys trying to make money off of kids too dumb to realize they're being conned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
When their first game came out I did some reading into the ICP mythology, which is charmingly insane;

The best song is about a guy that escapes hell (they'er big into hell btw), and then his arms and legs rot off, and then he's sodomized by a guy that talks backwards at him, then he rolls along as a torso spewing blood to escape, and keeps rolling until he sees a town in the distance

--- Dramatic pause ---

Which turns out to be Hell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
When their first game came out I did some reading into the ICP mythology, which is charmingly insane;

The best song is about a guy that escapes hell (they'er big into hell btw), and then his arms and legs rot off, and then he's sodomized by a guy that talks backwards at him, then he rolls along as a torso spewing blood to escape, and keeps rolling until he sees a town in the distance

--- Dramatic pause ---

Which turns out to be Hell.

Look, I don't see what the Sean Spicer story has anything to do with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Promise me there won't be any squares at my funeral
mbmbmbmbmb
They make a strong case. Truly, Violent J is the Pastor Niemöller of our times.

It wouldn't surprise me if the cops and FBI really were wasting anti-gang resources on this rather than actual gangs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.