Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
k henri
United States
Massachusetts Bay Colony
flag msg tools
This user is a user.
badge
This user authorized the purchase of this OverText for 100 GeekGold.

DEC 15: All is quiet on the Siegfried Line.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

DEC 16: Following the launch of Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein, the Americans are overwhelmed and fall back to protect key towns.

DEC 17: Bastogne comes under seige by the Panzer Lehr Division, while Peiper applies pressure at Malmedy. Houffalize and Elsenborn fall to Manteuffel's 5th Panzer Army.

DEC 18: Houffalize is briefly retaken by the Americans, forcing the 5th Panzer Army spearhead out of supply. Ill-advisedly, Peiper and the 1st SS Panzers continue to engage the enemy at Malmedy. The Germans do, however, secure Bastogne.

DEC 19: The Americans create a line between Trois Ponts and La Roche, as the Germans advance above the Ourthe River.

DEC 20: The 1st SS Panzers finally abandon attempts to break through at Malmedy, and join the German attack upon the La Roche-Trois Ponts line; LaRoche falls.

DEC 21: The German front expands to mount attacks at Recogne, St Hubert, Marche, and Hotton. The La Roche-Trois Ponts line continues to take a pounding from both Peiper and the Panzer Lehr Division, but proves to be a tough nut to crack.

DEC 22: Monty and his British reinforcements arrive, repelling the enemy at Hotton and Marche. From the south, Patton advances toward Bastogne.

DEC 23: Allied forces reclaim La Roche and Bastogne, as the Germans try desperately to break the La Roche-Trois Ponts line; Peiper's progress is stalled at Manhay.

DEC 24: Both Peiper and the Panzer Lehr Division are thrown back as Allied forces corral the Germans from three sides. With no avenue to the Meuse, they surrender.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gochinski
msg tools
Looks like great fun!!

I am right in the middle of a game.

We have finished the December 18th turn.

I am the allies and hold roughly the same line except I still hold Bastogne.

Looking forward to my reinforcements and counter attack.

Regards
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Smith
United States
Edgewater
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
'Bitter Woods' -- looks like another AH offering in which the Germans blow the Americans off the line of scrimmage on the 16-17th and advance at first with a Blitz as if this were France 1940. The lines later stabilize and the imbalance shifts towards the Americans -- at least in my age-old experience with Bulge 65, Bulge 81 (1st, 2d & 3d ed's). Is BW no different?

We need a game in which the Germans are slow to get going but pick up the pace dramatically during the mid-game. St. Vith, for instance, did not fall until 21 Dec, yet Lehr and others in Manteuffel's 5th PzArmee started to threaten the center seriously in subsequent days.

I'm thinking SPI's 'Ardennes Offensive' is the better exemplar to follow, not Sinigaglio's designs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.