Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooooohoooo!

The iOS app of this game is FANTASTIC - the user interface is excellent and the game is much fun to play on a tablet.

I have not play through the ages for ages (pun intended) as it is hard to get on the table in my group. The excellent tutorial really eased me into the complex game again and that with a good amount of humour!

Thanks a LOT, ancient Vlaada!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Squires
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
The situation IS getting gratch
badge
Useless, useless, heavy rain, driving into the sea
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the tutorial is the best I remember playing in a long time - kudos to whomever did it! The humor reminded me of Sam and Max and some other point and click games from my childhood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Brussel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the entire tutorial even though I knew how to play already

Great stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Murmak
Czech Republic
Kladno
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Codenames ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
o0dano0o wrote:
Yeah the tutorial is the best I remember playing in a long time - kudos to whomever did it! The humor reminded me of Sam and Max and some other point and click games from my childhood.

Vlaada himself - including programming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kreten wrote:
o0dano0o wrote:

Vlaada himself - including programming

He's a designer, publisher, and programmer! A triple threat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JF Masse
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"You can speed up the process of building your wonder by using 5 purple jewels. You can buy jewels in the store. Nah just kidding"

They kinda got me for a second modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MurmurTwins wrote:
"You can speed up the process of building your wonder by using 5 purple jewels. You can buy jewels in the store. Nah just kidding"

They kinda got me for a second modest

Me too! I think I stared at the screen in horror for a full 5 seconds before I realized it must be a joke and I shakily tapped the screen again to see the "Nah just kidding" pop up.

Oh that Vlaada, such a kidder! zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone can provide a high res image of Ancient Vlaada, please post here or message me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
I spotted one minor typo in the tutorial: "shoud" instead of "should":

I was also waiting to be told that you can't draw more than 3 military cards at end of turn but either I missed it, or it wasn't there. The rule is certainly in place (at least in the game I played). But since it's a frequently forgotten rule in my experience, I thought it would be stated in the tutorial.

It's a fun way to learn the game, for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.