Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Next try at the campaign. This time, I failed the burning map, leading me to this:

"Randomly place all the Venetian models (the citizens) on the "E"-squares..."

In the box, I exactly have 1 venetian model - the Condottiere. I already found this strange in one of the other missions where I was supposed to do a draft of "all papal and venetian" cards - and there is only 1 Venetian card (except the doge).

am I missing anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, it seems that the mercenaries are supposed to be venetian - is this a mistake on their cards?

The sentence "if the thief is revealed to be a crossbowman..." seems to indicate that.
"The gipsy will always fight with the ... the Condottiere will.." - which gipsy? Is she also venetian?

Finally: What does the Swiss Guard do? Does he attack me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunnagh wrote:

Next try at the campaign. This time, I failed the burning map, leading me to this:

"Randomly place all the Venetian models (the citizens) on the "E"-squares..."

In the box, I exactly have 1 venetian model - the Condottiere. I already found this strange in one of the other missions where I was supposed to do a draft of "all papal and venetian" cards - and there is only 1 Venetian card (except the doge).

am I missing anything?

ok, it seems that the mercenaries are supposed to be venetian - is this a mistake on their cards?

The sentence "if the thief is revealed to be a crossbowman..." seems to indicate that.
"The gipsy will always fight with the ... the Condottiere will.." - which gipsy? Is she also venetian?

Finally: What does the Swiss Guard do? Does he attack me?

The Venetian enemies include: 5 Stratioti, 3 Crossbowmen, 1 Gipsy and 1 Condottiere. The banner on these enemies cards are all blue which represents Venice.

The Swiss Guard will not attack you, but he will occupy your time questioning whom he contacts. If he ends he movement next to a Hero he will question them and move that Hero activation token 3 sectors ahead on the Horologuim.

If you flop a roll when trying to find out if a citizen is the Thief, the citizen will call the Guard on you and the Swiss Guard will automatically get in contact with that Hero and move that Hero activation token 5 sectors ahead on the Horologuim.

The wording of this mission in the plot book is very confusing regarding how everything works. I've never played this mission before, but I'm glad I saw this thread about it.

The wording of what happens when the Guard contacts a Hero makes it seem as though it moves the Guard's token on the Horologuim. This would give the Heroes an advantage though, so that didn't make sense to me. Then I noticed: The token activation of the Swiss Guard always moves of 3 sectors. Then it made sense...

Another thing that threw me off is that it says that the citizens and Guard move in accordance to the Patrol Rule. However, there are no alarms in this mission.

So we know what a guard does if he ends his move by a Hero, but what about a citizen? Since there are no alarms in this mission, I'm assuming nothing happens when a citizen ends it's movement next to a Hero.

Also, speaking of the Patrol Rule the latest Plot Book still does not mention that the die that you use for Patrolling is a d8 under Patrol Rule on page 3.

Hope this gets cleaned up in the final printing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.