Mark B
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed that the Pax Unplugged website is up:

http://unplugged.paxsite.com/

The features section is interesting, and confirms that there will be performances, a section for new games out of Essen, separate areas for Board Games, RPGs and Miniature games, and something that looks great for people who plan to go solo--a "LFG Area" for people looking for people to play board games with from the library. Also nice to see that they'll have a prototype/unpub area.

Exciting stuff.

The website also confirms some of the great stuff you would expect from a PAX: Panels, Tournaments, Diversity Lounge, Omegathon, and PAX XP (a kind of metagame).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Dodd
United States
Langley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark B wrote:
I just noticed that the Pax Unplugged website is up:

http://unplugged.paxsite.com/

The features section is interesting, and confirms that there will be performances, a section for new games out of Essen, separate areas for Board Games, RPGs and Miniature games, and something that looks great for people who plan to go solo--a "LFG Area" for people looking for people to play board games with from the library. Also nice to see that they'll have a prototype/unpub area.

Exciting stuff.

The website also confirms some of the great stuff you would expect from a PAX: Panels, Tournaments, Diversity Lounge, Omegathon, and PAX XP (a kind of metagame).

Nice because I just bought plane tickets and will be solo. First time trip by myself at 46! I am the one at Pax West wandering the game rooms looking for cones but too nervous the join.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean B
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tmcddodd wrote:

Nice because I just bought plane tickets and will be solo. First time trip by myself at 46! I am the one at Pax West wandering the game rooms looking for cones but too nervous the join.

I find it eases my anxiety if I plan ahead. You can schedule longer games using the Unofficial Game Scheduler. Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark B
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmcddodd wrote:

This was me at PAX East a few years ago. Since Pax Unplugged is in my hometown, I've convinced some friends to join me finally.

Also, I just hear on the Rolling Dice and Taking Names podcast that Ignacy Trzewiczek of Portal games is planing to be there personally with some of the very first copies of Alien Artifacts in North America. This seems like just a taste of the awesomeness that will be Pax Unplugged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan

McSherrystown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait. My son his girlfriend and I are going all 3 days. It will be our first one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Join our Berks Boardgamers group (Hamburg, Pa) via Facebook!
badge
Ah, the diabolical Dice … a word of caution; don't throw them when you're alone. The fiends lack loyalty, and their notion of nourishment is quite disturbing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be flying solo on Friday, travelling with friends Saturday, and then bringing my 11-year old daughter and my sister(her 1st game convention) on Sunday. I'm looking forward to each day as a different adventure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Steven Schultz
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I haven't been to a game convention before and I'll be traveling solo as well. I will probably wind up in the LFG area (what does that stand for??) to find some games to learn/play. Mostly will want to soak up the atmosphere and look through the exhibit hall.

I've only recently (last year or so) gotten back into buying and playing games. Since this is in my home town, it would be great to find a few people to have semi-regular games nights with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Morgan
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zmulls wrote:
I haven't been to a game convention before and I'll be traveling solo as well. I will probably wind up in the LFG area (what does that stand for??) to find some games to learn/play. Mostly will want to soak up the atmosphere and look through the exhibit hall.

I've only recently (last year or so) gotten back into buying and playing games. Since this is in my home town, it would be great to find a few people to have semi-regular games nights with.
LFG is "Looking For Group" which is a bit of a holdover term from online PC gaming, showing PAX's roots as a LAN party 16 years ago. It's a term the Tabletop Gaming department adopted many years back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.