Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emil Juul Jacobsen
Denmark
København S
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey noble greek We are two travelers (M&F) currently working our way down from Sofia to Athens where we will crave board gaming So, is there any board game cafés or maybe even someone hosting something between the 24th and 27th? I have seen other posts about good bg shops in Athens, so will not ask about that, but would love recommendations for a good greek (or greek themed) game I can buy as a bg souvenier too.

Best Regards from Emil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexi Gouzelis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there!

Κάϊσσα is the biggest Greek distributor and also have a cafè, just look up Κάϊσσα Καφέ.

Then "Game Rules" is one of the many shops that hosts gaming, and a personal favourite whether purchasing or playing.

There's also an underground kind of place that's not a shop or anything, we call it "The Cell", there's a big collection of both games & gamers there on Saturdays after five o'clock. You can PM "John Vidalis" who owns the games & rents the place, for a proper inv., but fret not, as the doors are open to all genuinely interested in gaming.

That should cover you but I can give you more recommendations if you tell me whereabouts you'll be around.

Happy travels fellow Danes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ηaralampos Tsakiris
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings from me too.
I agree with Maximiras and i will add Playstories a game cafe with a enormous collection of board games at Chalandri area (Aristofanous 34st. - i think) where you find a lot of friendly people willing to play with you.

Other than that i cast my vote at Keli if you want to find game partners for the day, usually Saturdays.

Also sometimes we organize game nights independantly eg at my church (Exarcheia area) or at houses and many many playtesting opportunities for Greek board game designers.

If you are interested in any of that let us know by prefferably a personal message.

Hope to get to play with you !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Pluto
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
may I also suggest you also post here, since it's the biggest Greek Guild in BGG...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/119

you will get many more useful replies in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Juul Jacobsen
Denmark
København S
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maximiras wrote:
Hello there!

Κάϊσσα is the biggest Greek distributor and also have a cafè, just look up Κάϊσσα Καφέ.

Then "Game Rules" is one of the many shops that hosts gaming, and a personal favourite whether purchasing or playing.

There's also an underground kind of place that's not a shop or anything, we call it "The Cell", there's a big collection of both games & gamers there on Saturdays after five o'clock. You can PM "John Vidalis" who owns the games & rents the place, for a proper inv., but fret not, as the doors are open to all genuinely interested in gaming.

That should cover you but I can give you more recommendations if you tell me whereabouts you'll be around.

Happy travels fellow Danes!

Thanks for the suggestions. I am talking with John, seems like an awesome guy. Will definitely check out the Game Rules for something to bring back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Juul Jacobsen
Denmark
København S
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Charalampos Tsakiris wrote:
Greetings from me too.
I agree with Maximiras and i will add Playstories a game cafe with a enormous collection of board games at Chalandri area (Aristofanous 34st. - i think) where you find a lot of friendly people willing to play with you.

Other than that i cast my vote at Keli if you want to find game partners for the day, usually Saturdays.

Also sometimes we organize game nights independantly eg at my church (Exarcheia area) or at houses and many many playtesting opportunities for Greek board game designers.

If you are interested in any of that let us know by prefferably a personal message.

Hope to get to play with you !!!

So many options. Gotta get check them out on a map You guys seem to have an awesome community going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Juul Jacobsen
Denmark
København S
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plutonick wrote:
may I also suggest you also post here, since it's the biggest Greek Guild in BGG...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/119

you will get many more useful replies in there.

Thanks, plenty of good suggestions from there too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexi Gouzelis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's booming!
Perhaps helps that we're mostly outgoing (loud as F!) & real social (act like we know everyone around) us mediterraneans, who knows?
Whatsoever you choose to play or do, do enjoy your time here.
Ps I just read an article on the most stressful cities in the world, and Athens made the list, topping the EU!..
Not much like your serene country, which I've had the pleasure of visiting. Just FYI!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.