Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
SK K
United States
CARSON
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm wondering why Avalanche Press is not selling Panzer Grenadier: Eastern Front anymore. Any news about reprint or new edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InGA
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The following is my understanding from the information I have read from AP.

EF is done.

There is not going to be any kind of reprint. There is one game that is kind of a replacement for EF, but I don't really know anything about since it is duplicative for me.

Don't know if the boards will be reused or not. I personally like the EF boards better than the new boards with "better artwork".

One of the problems with EF is that the scenarios are kind of a mess. They were written based on the event, not a good gaming experience. The Victory Conditions for the scenarios all basically need a complete rewrite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EFD as a game will not be back. It's reincarnation is going to be Fire on the Steppes. The boards have been redone in the "better artwork" that Russel seems to dislike. I am told there is an emphasis on the Dubno-Lutsk-Brody battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are still probably 2nd hand copies available, and the scenarios are fully compatible with 4th edition rules. As Russell points out, the scenarios can be a mess. Many (and not all) are not particularly well balanced. With "Fire on the Steppes", I expect to have a much better gaming experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.