Popular Tags: [View All]
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Martin Shkreli's online rantings about Hillary Clinton prompted a judge this week to revoke his bail and put him in the Metropolitan Detention Center, a fortress-like federal jail that also houses terrorism and mob suspects.

"MDC, as the Brooklyn lockup for 1,800 men and women is known, has over the years drawn complaints ranging from sexual assaults to the lack of fresh air, sunlight and recreation."

https://www.boston.com/news/national-news/2017/09/15/pharma-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
There's something to be said about being so completely out of touch with reality that you though it was a good idea to offer $5000 for a strand of someone's hair.

Sadly, I think he's probably right about how much time he'll actually serve for his conviction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They don't allow smoking in Federal prison anymore so I guess instead of trading cigarettes maybe he can trade for unreleased Wu-Tang tracks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
They don't allow smoking in Federal prison anymore so I guess instead of trading cigarettes maybe he can trade for unreleased Wu-Tang tracks.

Ramen noodles are apparently the new prison currency. Besides the non-smoking policy, which some see as just allowing more searches to be justified, the privatization of prisons or prison food service is driving instant noodles. One prison cut from $2/meal to $1.25/meal.

I suppose the prisoners won't be getting the calories or protein to lift weights and buff up. To me, that always seemed a dangerous amusement for felons.

Shkreli won't be formally sentenced until January, so that's already "a few months" at someplace definitely not "Club Fed."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the manatee
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.