FAB: Golan '73» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ghost Units and Stacking rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Blaschke
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
Let's assume I, the Israeli Player, have a Ghost Strongpoint in an area adjacdent to the AT Ditch. I now want to move two reinforcements into that area. Adding the Ghost Strongoint, this would result in three units in an area, which is illegal. Can I "reveal" the Ghost Strongpoint and remove it from play? That would seem logical to me since the Ghost Unit after all is no unit at all and only servers to mislead the Syrian Player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no provision for revealing Strongpoints/Ghost units except in combat. There's also the rule that no unit may voluntarily end its move overstacked (5.1). So I don't see it by the rules as written - subject to Rick and/or Michael's confirmation.

That said, I think you could house-rule it your way without causing any serious balance issues in the game. It's rare in my (limited) experience that the Israelis want to move multiple units that far forward early in the game - I assume it's early in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Blaschke
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
Thank you for the reply. From a strict rules point of view you are right. It is also correct that such situation will not occur very often so that I suspect that the situation might not have been considered.

In the game the Syrians crossed tue AT Ditch left snd right of the Ghost Unit. They had bad luck with their die rolls and got stopped early. It is now Turn 5 and the counteroffensive is already in full swing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gustavsson
Sweden
Forsa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spartax wrote:
There's no provision for revealing Strongpoints/Ghost units except in combat. There's also the rule that no unit may voluntarily end its move overstacked (5.1). So I don't see it by the rules as written - subject to Rick and/or Michael's confirmation.

That said, I think you could house-rule it your way without causing any serious balance issues in the game. It's rare in my (limited) experience that the Israelis want to move multiple units that far forward early in the game - I assume it's early in the game?

Thanks Sam, your answer is correct!

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.