Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With 7 Wonders Duel, it appears there would be no reason to play 7 Wonders as a 2-player game. However, I don't own 7WD. Treasure Hunter (Queen Games-Richard Garfield) has a great 2-player variant, which we tried today, and it worked great. For 7 Wonders, include all cards for 4-player game. Each player will have a separate draw pile (7 cards, if not playing with Cities, or 8 cards if playing with Cities). On the beginning of each turn, each player will draw one card from their draw pile. Then each player will play one card, as usual, then discard a card.

Positives:
+ you can see what your opponent might need and discard it.
+ end of round battles become more important in order to score those victory points. You can't ignore military, or it will be a 12-point swing. However, one could play science in stead in order to counter this.

Negative:
- you only have one partner to use commerce with. In our game it didn't become a problem, but I can see how this might create more challenges to get the resources you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the same method used in the newer versions of Among the Stars, as well.

I like to use the team rules found in Cities and just play as two civilizations each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.