Board Games World
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
Jeddah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what happend:
I was playing the vikings, the English had 4 turns in a raw, (last 2 turns in round 2 and first 2 turns in round 3) as a result I had no leaders nor any shire under viking control. When it came to viking turn, the invasion card was (Reinforcement), which state: No invasion this round play as reinforcements.
I assumed that those reinforcements should go to either a leader card or to a coastal shire, which I had none, So they did not enter, and that's what I did, so I could not take any turn, skipped both my factions turn. End of round no viking controlled shire. End of game
Is this correct.

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i believe so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happened in your turns in rounds one and two that you had nothing on the board by the end of it? Sounds like you beat yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Games World
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
Jeddah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
What happened in your turns in rounds one and two that you had nothing on the board by the end of it? Sounds like you beat yourself.

It was our first play, still exploring/ learning the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This just happened in the teaching game I was playing as well. We used Ragnar/Lagertha and the Viking player used both, took several cities, but spread himself thin and left no defenders on the coast. Then the English got lucky and took all the cities back but one. Next round the card was Reinforcements, which the Vikings couldn't do.

The game would have been an easy win for the English, since the Vikings only had a few Norsemen left to defend for the whole round. However, since it was a teaching game and I was teaching the Viking player I told him about leaving people on the coasts to reinforce them in the future, reshuffled, and drew a leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you found yourself in the perfect storm. The vikings really have to be careful to not over extend themselves in the early game and be very selective about which shires they attack. Some shires are just not worth the loss of your cubes at the start of the game.

Gunter
Academy Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.