United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings all,

If you get a chance, swing by to join in on the livestream for Pavlov's House. I'll be doing a walkthrough of the game, answering questions, etc. It starts at 7pm US EST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP-WmXYeLrs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knarr
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David,

just letting you know I enjoyed your stream yesterday although I fell asleep halfway through (not your fault, it was really really late in my timezone).

A question I wanted to ask (but then I snoresnore) was whether the co-operative variant of the game would include some level of obscured information and how you would handle tabletalk.

One thing that majorly impressed me in the Space Hulkeath Wing card game and more recently in the Arkham Horror LCG is how much tension and excitement you can create by making the players make decisions without being allowed to talk to their teammates at all. Combined with hidden information this makes for some really tense moments that I find very enjoyable (and, sometimes, catastrophic, when you didn't know your teammate didn't have a card in hand to protect him/her from whatever evil thing you had to decide who to happen to).

So how about this in Pavlov's house? Could the communication lines between the defenders and their army be damaged sometimes so you have to guess what kinds of supplies they need the most right now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Layher
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the live stream. I missed it but am watching it now. I am looking forward to this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Putenbrust wrote:
Hi David,

just letting you know I enjoyed your stream yesterday although I fell asleep halfway through (not your fault, it was really really late in my timezone).

A question I wanted to ask (but then I snoresnore) was whether the co-operative variant of the game would include some level of obscured information and how you would handle tabletalk.

One thing that majorly impressed me in the Space Hulkeath Wing card game and more recently in the Arkham Horror LCG is how much tension and excitement you can create by making the players make decisions without being allowed to talk to their teammates at all. Combined with hidden information this makes for some really tense moments that I find very enjoyable (and, sometimes, catastrophic, when you didn't know your teammate didn't have a card in hand to protect him/her from whatever evil thing you had to decide who to happen to).

So how about this in Pavlov's house? Could the communication lines between the defenders and their army be damaged sometimes so you have to guess what kinds of supplies they need the most right now?

Michael,

Thanks for watching. I was super nervous, as I had never done a livestream before. It's also weird basically just talking to myself for an hour!

Your idea for limited information is a good one. I like the idea, but I know that a lot of what some people like about co-ops is the ability to plan together. Certainly it would be easy enough to have a variant that prohibited players from sharing info. The more difficult part would be masking the tactical player's situation from the operational player. I'll run it by the gang at DVG and see what they think. Thanks for the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottbricks wrote:
Thanks for the live stream. I missed it but am watching it now. I am looking forward to this game!

Thanks, Scott. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.