The other Euro guy
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The missionary's health track contains a morale arrow that points in the opposite direction. The rules explain that when the missionary's health marker passes this arrow morale goes UP.

If this happens and then I heal the missionary back up (passing back over this arrow with no effect) do I get the morale boost when his health drops a second time?

This feels very strong to me but I can find nothing in the rules that prohibit this. I just coasted to a win in the Dr Livingstone scenario by exploiting this several times over. I felt like I was cheating!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule for regular arrows is that if you pass them a second time in the standard direction, you lower morale again. I see no reason why the same rule should not be true for an arrow that points in the opposite direction.
Though, I don't see why this is presumably an auto-win for you. You should keep your morale up anyways. This just saves you the occasional arrange camp action, and you don't even get the determination tokens.
Maybe I oversee something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The other Euro guy
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was certainly fortunate in other ways. This just contributed. I didn't need to worry about morale all game (despite the morale penalty for each new totem) so could use my actions for everything else.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like we play it the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it sounds reasonable to rule it like this, but no, it is wrong. At least in the German rules it was clarified in an errata, and from 2nd printrun on in the rulebook itself, that you are supposed to use the ability only once. More precise, only the first time, you pass the arrow. So if your health drops below while you have maxed out moral, the ability is wasted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shakeshake
may I just quickly rant:
I hate this game for it's stupid contradicting exceptions... way... too... many... times...
Ignacy, you are maybe a very creative man with great ideas, but you are a bad designer! And you have way too few developers working on your games at Portal...

Sorry for the harsh words. Rant is over and I (probably) didn't mean it like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.