Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Robette
Belgium
Bassilly
Hainaut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi
Is it possible for a single pixie to get several promotion in the same reward phase?

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Jans
Belgium
Ham
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as far as I know you can distribute your promotions as you like among your pixies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
A surprising tactic until you can predict it, is to use the temporary first-player action space, and then bid at least 5 of the food the queen wants - it lets you promote a pixie straight from the mines to become a loyal servant (assuming you have enough apples to swap other pixies when they're in your way).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heike Pohl
msg tools
mbmb
Are you sure? It says, pixie to the next level. Don't think that it is allowed to move straight to the top. It also said, that pixies from the mine moves to first level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich A
United Kingdom
London
NW London
flag msg tools
Raider84 wrote:
Are you sure? It says, pixie to the next level. Don't think that it is allowed to move straight to the top. It also said, that pixies from the mine moves to first level.

You distribute all the promotions as you want. So if you get 5 promotions you could move your pixie from the mine all way to the top using most of your promotions. Each promotion moves a single pixie one level. And a pixie can be given more than one promotion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rikboy wrote:
Raider84 wrote:

You distribute all the promotions as you want. So if you get 5 promotions you could move your pixie from the mine all way to the top using most of your promotions. Each promotion moves a single pixie one level. And a pixie can be given more than one promotion.

Interesting question. You can look at it both ways, and while I tend to agree that you can promote a pixie several levels during one turn, this is not really clear from the rulebook.

I'd welcome an official statement from Rudy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucyfer wrote:
Rikboy wrote:
Raider84 wrote:

Interesting question. You can look at it both ways, and while I tend to agree that you can promote a pixie several levels during one turn, this is not really clear from the rulebook.

I'd welcome an official statement from Rudy.

It's already been answered in another thread with the same question.

Kevin Game Brewer wrote:
All answers here are correct!

And just to be clear, you can mix-and-match as you want.
For instance, you bid 7 food: You can move 3 pixies up 1 level, and 1 pixie up 4 levels.

Also, you're allowed to bid more than you can move. Suppose you have 1 pixie left (all your other ones are in the queen's castle), then you can still bid more than 5 food, even if you can't use all your available steps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, didn't see that, thank you, Bernhard !
Just preparing to play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.