Marc Kolb
United States
Highland Park
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this compatible with the previous version of Catan / Seafarers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The legends are compatible with all versions which have the same frames.

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
In other words not compatible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Not compatible with the Mayfair version, then! Another expansion I won't be buying in that case, because I'm not going back and paying for a whole new copy of the base game, Seafarers and C&K!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobeades wrote:
Not compatible with the Mayfair version, then! Another expansion I won't be buying in that case, because I'm not going back and paying for a whole new copy of the base game, Seafarers and C&K!

You don't really need the full frame. Using the German editions I cannot say anything about hex size compatibility, but the incompatibilities are fairly minimal. And there should be a frame adapter kit.

While I usually play almost everything with C&K, I don't feel the urge to do so with this expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
bobeades wrote:

I've got 4th edition mayfair, and it's working fine with this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I've got 3rd edition (base game without a frame; Seafarers came with a rectangular frame)

Would I be best getting the pre-2007 adapter kit (i.e. hexagonal frame pieces) if I want to use the new scenarios, and would that solve all the compatibility issues or are some of the other components different too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.