Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Spirit Island» Forums » General

Subject: 6 player fear tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I was lucky enough to get the canonical playmat and extra pieces for 5/6 players from GenCon, but I noticed that I only have 20 fear tokens in the base game, and none came with the mat, so I do not have enough to play 6 player. Should there have been some in there? Or was it just an oversight.

I can use some other cubes or whatnot I have lying around, but it would be nice to have the full set of correct tokens.

On a side note, I think this is the best game of 2017 so far, and one of the first games my group has really latched onto and wanted some replays. Great stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was an oversight. (The extra cardboard bits were made separately. You might also need more Energy tokens.) I don't have definite information, but I expect that they will fix this if you email them at contact@greaterthangames.com .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schlepphorst
msg tools
Curiously, what did the mat cost?
I haven't seen secondhand market ones anywhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
anwei wrote:
Curiously, what did the mat cost?
I haven't seen secondhand market ones anywhere

Memory says that they were being sold for $50 at Gen Con. When I was asking about prices, Paul suggested that they were unlikely to reprint, although I hope that might be revisited when a new expansion is kickstarted later. (If I understand it correctly, development work has been greenly, but it's a long way out in the pipeline, and probably a minimum of 18 months from close of Kickstarter to delivery.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deric Harrington
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, did your playmat come with the extra tokens? I bought the playmat at Gencon cause it looked neat (honestly, not knowing what the playmat was, other than a playmat). I didn't get any tokens at all with mine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well I was not there in person, but someone picked up the promo spirits and playmat for me. Included was more invader pieces and two more colors of wooden discs for presence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra Invaders, blight, and spirit presence were in an extra piece pack, not included with the playmat. They should also have included energy and fear, but didn't for some reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They did have packs with the extra Invaders, Blight, etc. with the playmats at Gen Con (although not the Fear, for logistical reasons, as mentioned). It's possible a few people got the playmat without the extra wooden and plastic pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
They did have packs with the extra Invaders, Blight, etc. with the playmats at Gen Con (although not the Fear, for logistical reasons, as mentioned). It's possible a few people got the playmat without the extra wooden and plastic pieces.

What are the other two colours? I'd kill to buy green >_>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Green and orange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hnggg okay I hope that pack is made available either for their next kickstarter or just in general

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Zev
msg tools
badge
All knowledge is worth having
mbmbmbmbmb
The next kickstarter is very likely to be the 5-6 player expansion, so green and tokens will be an intrinsic part off it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.