Monopoly Deal Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: How do you say the name of the currency? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lewis Kapell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
There is probably no one "correct" answer, but I'm curious when folks are playing this game, how do you say the name of the currency? Does the "M" stand for Monopoly, or for million? Do you say "pay me three dollars" or "pay me three million dollars" or "pay me three Monopoly dollars" or just "pay me three M"?

Just bought my set today and excited to start playing!

Thanks everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Along with most of the people I've played games with, I'm pretty casual about things like this and don't give it much thought -- I'd surely say something like "you owe me three", or "that'll be three bucks".

Welcome to BGG!

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
Pure mathematics is the world's best game. It is more absorbing than chess, more of a gamble than poker, and lasts longer than Monopoly. It's free. It can be played anywhere - Archimedes did it in a bathtub
mbmbmbmbmb
We say "pay me three millions" but not "three millions dollars/euros" (we use euros here so if anything we will assume they are euros) we are perfectly fine just with 3 millions, not need to state the currency at least in spanish.
Funny/interesting question by the way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is pronounced "Space Bucks." It's a silent 'M.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We could call the currency Mono... then if there are multiple mono's,
we call the poly-mono's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joegrimer wrote:
We could call the currency Mono... then if there are multiple mono's,
we call the poly-mono's

An assist, if I may -- to link a youtube video, you just put the ID tag, not the entire URL; you can QuickQuote this to see the correct I've made to your note.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.